Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering UCC; how does it stand with these criteria?

• 21-01-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm stuck between the two for my CAO, so I'd like to know where UCC stands with things like:

1. Irish language:
    - Does Irish have a strong presence in UCC?
    - Are there opportunities to get involved in Irish-language creative arts (e.g. even small dramas as Gaeilge)?
    - Is there enough enthusiasm for new enterprises in Irish and in Irish-language creative arts?
    - Is the Irish language any way strong out in the city, or in areas near to the city?

2. Creative arts:
    - When it comes to organised events, competitions, etc. does UCC cater to the creative arts as much as would it would to other areas, like STEM?
    - Is there a strong community/communities of creative writers at UCC?

3. Celtic Civilisation
    - For anyone who does or has done Celtic Civilisation, do you feel you've been given a broad understanding of pre-Christian Irish mythology, or was there more of a focus on Christianised Ireland?
    - NUIG has a unique archive of Irish-language material relevant to Celtic Civilisation. Is there a sense that the same subject at UCC is weaker as a result, or is the same information freely accessible to Celtic Civ courses all over the country?

Obviously a lot of you might not know much about NUIG, but I'm just looking for whatever info I can get.

Advertisement