Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distorted Irish TV Channels Signal

Options
  • 27-11-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I am having trouble with the Irish tv channels signal on my kitchen tv for the last number of week's. The channels are flickering with distorted picture and sound.
    I thought it might be an issue with the ariel position but the t.v in the sitting room hasn't got this issue and the Irish channels are fine there.
    I have swapped the t.v's and combo boxes to rule out the problem been with them.
    Now the Irish channel signal is totally gone in the kitchen and I'm just getting a message saying " no tbt-t signal ".
    There is no issue with the satellite signal and all the UK channels are fine on both t.v's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

How is the signal distributed to the 2 TVs?

Check the cabling and connections from the kitchen TV back to where it connects into the aerial feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Peter256

The Cush wrote: »
    How is the signal distributed to the 2 TVs?

Check the cabling and connections from the kitchen TV back to where it connects into the aerial feed.
    I am not sure on this. I think I will need to go into the attic tomorrow to check this out. I know there is 3 tv cables running from aeriel and dish into the house, 2 of these are from the dish and 1 cable from the ariel. The aeriel cable must then branch into 2 cable/connections in the attic space. I opened the aeriel connection wall socket in the kitchen and the connection looks ok. I have previously changed the wall socket to tv connection cable to a new one a while ago but maybe the cable from the socket up to the attic needs changing or maybe I could try twist the aeriel first to see would it work.

Just to update, now I checked the channels and the Virgin media chans and rte 2 are working 100 % but rte 1 has no signal. This makes the issue more confusing. Tomorrow the chans could be flickering again or they might be ok for a few days the problem seems to come and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I would check the aerial feed split in the attic as the next step. Is there a passive splitter or powered amp or …?

The Cush wrote: »
    I would check the aerial feed split in the attic as the next step. Is there a passive splitter or powered amp or …?
    Just to update the channels are working 100% the last 2 days without interference so hopefully they will stay that way.
    I didn't get to check out the attic aerial feed but I wouldn't think there is a problem there as the channels are working perfectly now. It must be just a general interference that comes in from the aeriel sometimes. It actually caused the tv box to mix up the channel order too but they seem ok now and I set them back in order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement