Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infra-red Photography

Options
  • 15-11-2018 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

I checked the old threads but they are from 5 to 10 years old.

Does anyone here dabble in IR Photography? I have an old Nikon DSLR I'm considering converting. I doubt there is but does anyone know of a place in Ireland that does the conversions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've dabbled a bit with film IR photography

19215015920_75aab749c6_z.jpg

My hit rate was never the best :-)

I do have a bunch of IR film in the freezer I got over the summer along with a bunch of cheap EBay filters but never got 'round to shooting it. Roll on -next- summer I guess ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've dabbled a bit with film IR photography

19215015920_75aab749c6_z.jpg

My hit rate was never the best :-)

I do have a bunch of IR film in the freezer I got over the summer along with a bunch of cheap EBay filters but never got 'round to shooting it. Roll on -next- summer I guess ...

Is that shot with SFX200?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is that shot with SFX200?

Nope, Konica 750, though the stack of rolls in the freezer are all SFX. I think I have one Konica 750 left but the rolls I have developed were crazily reticulated for some reason, don't think it was dev because I was super careful with the second roll i.e. this one

33688010745_65fa119350_z.jpg

Looks like this up close:

33314830340_c27c4acc91_o.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

The conversions aren't all that hard to do yourself if you are feeling confident. Nikon D50 and D70 DSLR's are pretty easy to do. They should be cheap too.

I've shot colour infra red slide in the past, just 1 roll that I had in the fridge for years. Its out of production now to my knowledge. I wish I'd known when I shot it and I would have used it for something more creative.

5354981239_ce2b9b6e49_b.jpg

5368989406_656a49683f_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have a few rolls of SFX in the freezer I never got around to using. Can't find my IR filter anywhere either :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

I was doing it a few years ago, but wasn't too successful, just thinking about it, might actually try and give it a shot again.
    I got my camera converted by zerohamster here from boards 4 years ago. He doesn't seem to be around here too often, but his website is still up, so you could give him a try.

Advertisement