Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiweb Fritzbox

• 13-05-2018 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

unplugged the above box on Friday and since then the DSL light won't connect/stay on.

Is it possible the box has reset itself and I need specific username and password to connect.

username is currently digiweb@nga.digiweb.ie

password is 4 characters at present....

Digiweb tech support closed till tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

tried 'digiweb' as password but still coming back as a faulty DSL connection.....

when I do DSL line test it says that there was a signal detected within the last 5 minutes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Passwords etc are not important if you cannot get sync. If the credentials were wrong sync would be up but authentication would fail.

What service have you got?

Digiweb Fibre???

Marlow should be able to guide you through the UI when he's online.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Are the connections OK? Try pressing the wlan button on the top. I have a friztbox and it should reconnect on power up.

• Advertisement

WLAN light solid..... all connections checked....... just DSL light flashing twice intermittently.... eventually times out and the red info light will come on eventually

WLAN light solid..... all connections checked....... just DSL light flashing twice intermittently.... eventually times out and the red info light will come on eventually

It should flash repeatedly if its hearing anything substantial from the DSLAM. Blink every now and then indicates a dead line in most cases.

Its possible the fritz defaults to the wrong annex which could prevent it starting a sync broker. If you post the VDSL page we can see if it matches (17A).

Excuse my ignorance... but which page would that be

Currently set to Annex A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭KildareP

Navigate to Internet > Account Information
    In the "Internet Service Provider" dropdown select "Digiweb Fibre FTTC".
    Tick the "Check the internet connection..." option.
    Click "Apply".

Any joy?

• Advertisement

no luck.....

Ok so doesn't sound like an authentication issue.

Internet > DSL Information > DSL

What is your "attainable" and "current" throughputs?

Currently all 0

see attached

Right it doesn't seem to see DSL at the far end.

Worth checking you are using the original cable that came with it between the Eir NTU and the modem? It is RJ45 on both ends rather than RJ45/RJ11.

And that the cable goes into the left port on the Eir NTU and the DSL (not FON) port on the Fritzbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Its not a password problem anyway you have no DSL connection. If its not the cable and the filter etc - and I assume you have nothing changed there - it may just be a line fault. Not familiar with digiweb, does the phone line come over it too? Probably voip? If not, do you have a dial tone?

and I assume you have nothing changed there

He did say he unplugged it, does sound a bit like user error.

Have you put the modem into the phone filtered port of the NTU?

Hey Guys,

when I say I unplugged it I just plugged the power out from the wall and nothing else.... I haven't got a DSL connection since powering it back on....

Double checked the connections about 10 times now.... From googling and my basic knowledge the cable I got with the box and in use is RJ45/RJ11

Itll be an RJ45 port on the wall (left side of double socket) but an RJ11 cable that goes in (small but fits on wall, perfect fit on modem).

TBH sounds like a failed modem. Can happen. If you can borrow an F2000/HG659 from a neighbour or friend you'll know immediately whether its the modem or not once the DSL light flashes rapidly or not.

Will plugging a phone into the wall verify if there is a line fault......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

It's probably a faulty modem i signed up and was sent a refurb modem! it wasn't even factory reset! after and engineer visit they sent me a brand new one no issues since.

ED E wrote: »
    Itll be an RJ45 port on the wall (left side of double socket) but an RJ11 cable that goes in (small but fits on wall, perfect fit on modem).

TBH sounds like a failed modem. Can happen. If you can borrow an F2000/HG659 from a neighbour or friend you'll know immediately whether its the modem or not once the DSL light flashes rapidly or not.

The FritzBox has an RJ45 on the DSL input as well.

Not sure why, only modem I have ever come across that didn't have RJ11 on the xDSL interface.

KildareP wrote: »
    The FritzBox has an RJ45 on the DSL input as well.

Not sure why, only modem I have ever come across that didn't have RJ11 on the xDSL interface.

Same casing for a unit that supports bonding perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

The reason for the RJ45 port on the back of the Fritzbox relates to its features and its origin in the German market where ISDN + ADSL on the same pair was common.

There are Fritzbox models that include a mini IP PBX, so they use an RJ45 connector and supply a splitter cable to connect either an ISDN or Analogue telephone line alongside the DSL connection. One pair for the DSL line, One pair for an analogue voice line and two pairs for ISDN..

Fault logged with Eir via Digiweb tech support.....and now we wait.......

Quick turnaround by Eir....

phone call to say fault was external..... and hey Presto all fixed.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

i'm having problems trying to share files from my Digiweb Fritzbox 7560

I set up a NAS Media server and when I click on a file within the media server, click Share, it throws up a url. But when I go to launch the URL I just get a Site cannot be found error. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

chewed wrote: »
    i'm having problems trying to share files from my Digiweb Fritzbox 7560

I set up a NAS Media server and when I click on a file within the media server, click Share, it throws up a url. But when I go to launch the URL I just get a Site cannot be found error. Am I doing something wrong?

I have it setup as a media server so that my TV can see the contents of an attached USB. I also can browse the NAS contents by hitting the default IP in Windows Explorer - \\192.138.178.1 - which then asks me to login using a user on the fritzbox allowed to access the NAS.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do by right clicking on a file and sharing.

MBSnr wrote: »
    I have it setup as a media server so that my TV can see the contents of an attached USB. I also can browse the NAS contents by hitting the default IP in Windows Explorer - \\192.138.178.1 - which then asks me to login using a user on the fritzbox allowed to access the NAS.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do by right clicking on a file and sharing.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. According to this video you should be able to share files with anyone from your NAS drive. https://youtu.be/2gxoeSou54g?t=109 But when I try to do this, the url it gives me doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

chewed wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. According to this video you should be able to share files with anyone from your NAS drive. https://youtu.be/2gxoeSou54g?t=109 But when I try to do this, the url it gives me doesn't work.

@1min 57secs it shows some prerequisites. Did you register the box with myfritz? Also says sharing link can only be used if "Internet access to the Fritzbox via https" is enabled.

MBSnr wrote: »
    @1min 57secs it shows some prerequisites. Did you register the box with myfritz? Also says sharing link can only be used if "Internet access to the Fritzbox via https" is enabled.

Well spotted! I changed that and it's working now. Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I have the Fritzbox 7560 which has an inbuilt answering machine.
    I also have a stand alone panasonic answering machine.
    My problem is, no matter which answering machine is active I cannot interrogate it from remote. Both are supposed to be capable of checking from remote.

I had no problem with the panasonic when with vodafone (siro).

Has anybody any idea what the problem could be?
    I have followed and rechecked all relevant instructions on the 7560 home page.

( Only one machine is active at any one time and it does record calls but the can only be checked from the main handset)

Advertisement