Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few positions to fix my back??

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello, I'm a 21yr old student just back from a J1 in Chicago. One of the few negative things I've gotten from my trip is a tight and sore back from sleeping on an air bed for 3 months!:rolleyes: Just wondering if anyone had any yoga/pilates postitions that could remedy this - I wanna nip it in the bud before I'm hunched over and walking with a cane! Love and Peace. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Cat/Cow Asana is good and gentle for stretching out the back and neck

Cobra is the good as well. This gives your back a good stretch as well as strengthening it.

Pose of the child, while this is a relaxation pose, its also good for stretching your back

Bridge pose is good for stretching the neck

A spinal twist is also good!!

Tadasana (Mountain pose) is a pose that so many people look over as they feel its just standing but its great as it gets your back into its natural posture!

Advertisement