Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't it shocking

Options
  • 01-12-2020 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Isn't it shocking you can't order a bit of Black forest gateaux to be sent to the house but you can get any other food know to civilized people and reprobates and it'll arrive in 40 mins, what's the world coming to, I don't know

21/25

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

There should be a desserts only takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bluewolf wrote: »
    There should be a desserts only takeaway

Called 'Just Desserts' ;)

My dad was an absolute devil for Black Forest Gateau

and

Sauage rolls....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Is there cream in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Wouldn't any half decent bakery do delivery?

No issue getting any of the bakeries to deliver one here in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is there cream in that?

THERE IS NO CREAM IN BLACK FOREST GATEAU. People I cannot stress that enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's all about the pineapple

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guacamole?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Oh yes there is...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

uch wrote: »
    Isn't it shocking you can't order a bit of Black forest gateaux to be sent to the house but you can get any other food know to civilized people and reprobates and it'll arrive in 40 mins, what's the world coming to, I don't know

Can’t imagine it would taste that nice, would it?

I imagine it would have to be, what’s that, freeze dried? Where the cake is frozen almost solid and tastes nothing like a fresh cake. Speaking of fresh, I’ve never had Black Forest gateaux without cream, it’s supposed to be indulgent!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Chocolate-Layer-Cake-with-Ganache-3-2.jpg

Can this be delivered? Like now ? Ok it’s a ganache but still.

• Advertisement

ELNY7oN.jpg

Speak for yourself, OP. Some guy on a scooter will deliver me a slice for two euros fifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Actually Tesco do BFG and they in theory deliver. You have to use your noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Black Forest Shyte is what I call that. Horrible things. Up there with coffee and fruit for ruining deserts!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jester77 wrote: »
    Wouldn't any half decent bakery do delivery?

No issue getting any of the bakeries to deliver one here in Germany.

AT 3.48 in the am?! Not even in Berlin!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bigroad

How do they get the black forest into the gateaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

bigroad wrote: »
    How do they get the black forest into the gateaux.

Once you have mastered figs into fig rolls, you move onto this top secret.

Now I want BFG, how much for a scooter delivery to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I should not have opened this thread.. I was resisting Black Forest Gateau on the Supervalu page.... Actually their chocolate log is the same... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Very racist thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stoner Munchies Ltd deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

uch wrote: »

The nicest black forest you'll ever taste is in annes bakery on earls street in dublin. For my Sins due to looking after my sugar levels I'm forbidden to indulge in the BF. Maybe I ate to many in the past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Black Forest Shyte is what I call that. Horrible things. Up there with coffee and fruit for ruining deserts!

Im sorry that you have lost your taste buds. Black forrest cake is the most amazing tasting thing in the world, the true king of cakes.

I think it's shocking it's not butter....

Shocking Matt Damon isn't headline news....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Banned!

:pac:

Black forest rules all deserts!

Matt Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Banned!

:pac:

Black forest rules all deserts!

Good call:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

The secret of black forest gatueau was brought to Ireland by workers on the Shannon scheme at Ardnacrusha in the 1920's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Never liked it. Probably the cherry taste tbh, it's foreign to me as it's just not in anything else (unless you count the cherry flavoured Double Dips, which I'm pretty sure doesn't taste like cherry). Granted, it's more common these days, but when I was a kid cherry anything was rare enough 'round these parts (Limerick county in the 80's) so I suppose I never developed a taste for it.

I'm quite a simple man when it comes to deserts and cake. No need to be adding all this fancy shyte, a well baked sponge, jam and cream (fresh or butter, I won't give out to people over that choice, but #TeamButtercream). Mother got one for the fathers birthday during the year, freshly baked from Supervalu and it was possibly the nicest cake I've had in years!

Advertisement