Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The wonderful gullible USA

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Or a large bunch of clever and resourceful Yanks stuck in a sticky situation at the bottom of society, turned that right around in a big way and made a billion quid from it collectively. If anything, that's the actual American Dream. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

The joys of the free market. Ingenuity prospering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The game is out there and it's either play or get played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Take that Bush or whoever it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd imagine thousands pulled it off here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

I'd imagine thousands pulled it off here too.

There wasn’t much else to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

wally79 wrote: »
    There wasn’t much else to do

I realised the innuendo after I posted, but it's still a valid point, as is yours.

I am referring to your post. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It is not really surprising, the US is not a welfare state and it does not have systems in place to detect such fraud.

I suspect we’ll hear a lot more about this in future. I heard one US expat complaining the his Swiss bank would not cash his government cheques - turned out they were welfare cheques. This was followed by others joining the thread with the same issues...... No idea how employed expats got their hands on welfare cheques but they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

It's not surprising at all.

The US is rife with this kind of incompetence.

Advertisement