Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

awful songs you happen to like

Options
  • 20-07-2020 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭

eiffel 65 - blue ( Da ba dee )

stupid song but always makes me smile , love the stupid video too

also , anything from the rocky 4 soundtrack

not great at adding video links so forgive me for the lack of additional footage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bop1977

Wagon wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

This is a stupid song, but I enjoy it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Baby ****ing Shark, kids love it in the car and now I do too

Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Hurt

The original version by Johnny Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

An oldie but a goldie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This guy, I remember it kept Ultravox off the top of the charts at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Respectable, Mel and Kim.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Hurt

The original is by Nine Inch Nails..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,513 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hurt

That's not the original....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Ah, come on lads, too obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

The Pina Colada Song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

LOL BELONGS ON THE RADIO
    yET Catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Hurt

I always assumed that was a good song

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I was going for Duran Duran A View to a kill but couldn't decide whether it was spectacular or spectacularly terrible.

I was 18 and away in college when I realised that Garth Brooks was a divisive figure. But listening again to this track, I think the whole thing is mired in politics. Garth is still a cool guy.

Fake Plastic Trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Fake Plastic Trees.
    Thank you for not posting this song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was going for Duran Duran A View to a kill but couldn't decide whether it was spectacular or spectacularly terrible.

Do you like Phil Collins?
    I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Do you like Phil Collins?
    I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favourite.

Do you like Hughie Lewis and the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Do you like Hughie Lewis and the news?

Yes. Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Arghus wrote: »

This is a stupid song, but I enjoy it.

I was finding my own music taste around 2000, I was drawn to the likes of Limp Bizkit,Korn,Linkin Park etc. I still like Limp Bizkits chocolate starfish and hot dog flavored water album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Really bad and really great, at the same time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

I was 18 and away in college when I realised that Garth Brooks was a divisive figure. But listening again to this track, I think the whole thing is mired in politics. Garth is still a cool guy.

That actually isn't Garth singing. A lot of his songs are hard to find on YouTube, like 'Somewhere other than the night' etc. Now very like him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I've a soft spot for Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles. It's cheesy, but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

mobby wrote: »
    The Pina Colada Song

Sorry unforgiveable poo. Punishable by death

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Always loved Chris Isack's Wicked game and Richard Marx's Hazard! Never, typed that before I can tell you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The Time Warp :D

My wife has banned it in the house, the car and the bedroom. I'm not sure what her problem is , It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips, you bring your knees in tight.

Advertisement