Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

COVID wrote: »
    Agree with the above 'ES', save for the bit about the poster's 'scientific integrity', how or where was this established?

He is a scientist by trade, unless I’m confusing him with another poster. If that’s the case, I apologise.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Help!

Brilliant response....................not. I will ask it again. What would you say to someone who suggested what I stated in my previous post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Brilliant response....................not. I will ask it again. What would you say to someone who suggested what I stated in my previous post?

I'd tell them to lay off the bong for a few weeks to clear their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You might say 'cynical'; it's a favoured word of religious people for non-believers.

I would prefer to think of myself as slightly less credulous than you, obviously.;)

I would disagree on that C. You're the one coming to conclusions based on no evidence or a misunderstanding of the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

bangkok wrote: »
    are you trying to tell the OP he didnt see what he claims to have seen?

I'm not a doctor, but if I were and someone claimed to have seen such a thing, then I would ask them to come and see me sharpish.

Some people claim to hear voices in their heads, I don't disbelieve the fact that they hear them, but my interpretation of their import and meaning might be at variance with that of the person claiming to hear those voices.

• Advertisement

Help...please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I'm not a doctor, but if I were and someone claimed to have seen such a thing, then I would ask them to come and see me sharpish.

Some people claim to hear voices in their heads, I don't disbelieve the fact that they hear them, but my interpretation of their import and meaning might be at variance with that of the person claiming to hear those voices.

think its best going forward if i just use the ignore function on the thread and put you on it as you are offering nothing to this thread only adding childish comments. if everyone did that the thread might be interesting

think its best going forward if i just use the ignore function on the thread and put you on it as you are offering nothing to this thread only adding childish comments. if everyone did that the thread might be interesting

Or even a lovely echo chamber.;)

He is a scientist by trade, unless I’m confusing him with another poster. If that’s the case, I apologise.

Jeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

The fact that you 'outlined' the story doesn't make it any less ludicrous.

However, after claiming to see the above in bold, I believe it might be best for you to pay a visit to your local GP.

Do post back and tell us all how you got on, and don't hold back on telling the full story to him/her.

Do take care.

tell me this - in all honesty, why would I take your advice to go see a doctor? You admit youve never even met anyone who claims to have seen a UFO - yet here you are, the expert on the subject.

But - you keep ploughing ahead. You know best after all. :pac:

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    tell me this - in all honesty, why would I take your advice to go see a doctor? You admit youve never even met anyone who claims to have seen a UFO - yet here you are, the expert on the subject.

But - you keep ploughing ahead. You know best after all. :pac:

:pac: to you too, oh and one of these as well! :p

Help...please!

Let`s try again. What would you say to a person who suggested what I stated?

are you trying to tell the OP he didnt see what he claims to have seen?

'dr' covid is trying hard to find any of us that give a ****e about his/her's severe case of cynic-itus. bit of an attention seeker I'd presume

steddyeddy wrote: »

I would disagree on that C. You're the one coming to conclusions based on no evidence or a misunderstanding of the evidence.

You love that word 'evidence', but unfortunately, you got none; otherwise, the thread title under discussion would be utterly meaningless.

Let`s try again. What would you say to a person who suggested what I stated?

I'd say cop on to yourself.

How's that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

Won't be here for another while with Covid

I'd say cop on to yourself.

How's that?

And exactly how would that be a proper response?

'dr' covid is trying hard to find any of us that give a ****e about his/her's severe case of cynic-itus. bit of an attention seeker I'd presume

You keep replying to my posts though. :confused:

cynic-itus Laugh....I nearly started.

And exactly how that would that be a proper response?

Because that would that what I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Advertisement

I'm off, see you later, space cadets.

the current '150 ufo reports in ireland' you hear of in the past few months was taken from the National UFO Research Center, Washington's website. If you do a search for 'Ireland', you'll find 146 - and some of those have Ireland twice in the same report so its much less that 150. Its also going back to the 50's. most of it is pretty banal mind you but there's a handful of really interesting ones

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/ndxl.html

You keep replying to my posts though. :confused:

cynic-itus Laugh....I nearly started.

I'll bite.

that wasn't your post I was replying to. d'oh!

I'm off, see you later, space cadets.

Watch the skies. The truth is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Saw an object once going back a number of years. Three of us witnessed it. It was night, shined like a star.

It could move horizontal or vertical in an instant. Pretty fecking groovy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Back on topic folks, any more off topic nonsense will result in bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 davidbeckham32

never seen one, but believe the US government is in possession of a ufo after the roswell crash

never seen one, but believe the US government is in possession of a ufo after the roswell crash

Not quite.

''(Robert)Park explains the emergence of the Roswell saga as the product of over-active imaginations stitching together bits and pieces of reports of unrelated plane crashes, parachute experiments involving roughly life-like dummies, and so on, even though some of these events occurred many miles from Roswell and years later.''

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/myth-of-ufo-at-roswell-debunked-1.1101393

who's robert park - besides writing for The Sciences?

• Advertisement

who's robert park - besides writing for The Sciences?

He died last year.

He was emeritus professor of physics at the University of Maryland, College Park.

Advertisement