Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's a weird one for you

Options
  • 17-03-2020 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So I'm wondering if any other Boardsies ever experienced this one...
    It probably should be in 'television', but I find After Hours always has the most traffic ;)
    When I was in primary school, about 4th or 5th class, myself and a few other students from my school won a competition to visit RTE studios to meet all the 'stars' (Bosco, Wanderly Wagon, Forty Coats etc.)
    I remember it was broadcast on Rte soon afterwards. I felt like I was famous!!
    I met Bosco, shook his little hand, met the cast of Fortycoats, went inside the Wanderly Wagon ( huge disappointment- it was used as storage!), knocked the magic door from Bosco. It was so amazing. Thing is, I'm starting to question whether it happened at all. My family don't remember it :(
    Is there any chance someone on Boards experienced this too?
    I'm guessing the year was 1986 or 1987

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Must have been a past life if you're only a SnrInfant

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SnrInfant

Must have been a lot of past lives :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bears all the hallmarks of a drug induced psychosis

It definitely happened. I remember it from primary school, I just need a back up from Boards....oh God, what have I started

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

SnrInfant wrote: »
    It definitely happened. I remember it from primary school, I just need a back up from Boards....oh God, what have I started

You are amongst friends here

When did these visions start?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Did the puppeteer stick his hands anywhere he shouldn't have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

It probably should be in 'television', but I find After Hours always has the most traffic ;)
    When I was in primary school, about 4th or 5th class, myself and a few other students from my school won a competition to visit RTE studios to meet all the 'stars' (Bosco, Wanderly Wagon, Forty Coats etc.)
    I met Bosco, shook his little hand, met the cast of Fortycoats, went inside the Wanderly Wagon ( huge disappointment- it was used as storage!), knocked the magic door from Bosco. It was so amazing. Thing is, I'm starting to question whether it happened at all. My family don't remember it :(

You are delirious with fever.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's the early stages of Cabin Fever.

NSAman wrote: »
    Did the puppeteer stick his hands anywhere he shouldn't have?

OP said rte not BBC.

• Advertisement

Can we just pretend it happened for the sake of anyone else who may or may not have been there!
    I'm pretty sure there was a photo or two from the experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

It happens, OP.

Couldnt find anyone that ever watched Candle Cove either....

Urquell wrote: »
    It happens, OP.

Couldnt find anyone that ever watched Candle Cove either....

I'm one of those people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

OP said rte not BBC.

Says someone with a brown finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

COVID-19 cabin fever seems to be setting in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Are you sure your school didn't just visit the Lambert Puppet Theatre? Common enough school trip and they were behind Bosco too. Well, up Bosco really.

Maybe, that would explain a lot. Although Fortycoats had no puppets.
    I'm really leaving myself open for a slagging here, I love After hours ��

• Registered Users Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are you sure your school didn't just visit the Lambert Puppet Theatre? Common enough school trip and they were behind Bosco too. Well, up Bosco really.

we did that in primary school and it was ace. No bosco or Pat though.

we did that in primary school and it was ace. No bosco or Pat though.

A mock Wanderley Wagon was a sweet shop, innocent times!

A mock Wanderley Wagon was a sweet shop, innocent times!

happy days indeed. It must have been 3rd or 4th class when we went.

• Advertisement

happy days indeed. It must have been 3rd or 4th class when we went.

I think we were younger, but it's so far back it's hard to recall.

I remember Eugene Lambert being contrary, he was very abrupt asking us to pick up sweet wrappers. We would have done it anyway or the nuns would have clattered us. :D It ruined the friendly O'Brien image somewhat.

I think we were younger, but it's so far back it's hard to recall.

I remember Eugene Lambert being contrary, he was very abrupt asking us to pick up sweet wrappers. We would have done it anyway or the nuns would have clattered us. :D It ruined the friendly O'Brien image somewhat.

We must have caught him on a good day. But then again we wouldn't have dropped sweet wrappers on the ground. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You're lucky it wasn't the Rimini Riddle. Everyone who saw that died in mysterious circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Maybe, that would explain a lot. Although Fortycoats had no puppets.
    I'm really leaving myself open for a slagging here, I love After hours ��
    The witch had a puppet cat with the same voice actor as Bosco, Paula Lambert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The witch had a puppet cat with the same voice actor as Bosco, Paula Lambert.

And didn't sneaky snake make appearances too ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I didn't experience it, but Bosco regularly had kids on who had won prizes. In those days winning a trip to meet Bosco would have been like the a lotto win now. So I remember being jealous of the winners.

You're lucky it wasn't the Rimini Riddle. Everyone who saw that died in mysterious circumstances.

I survived. Im glad to meet another survivor. It's been wiped from most peoples minds.

Advertisement