Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do? Kill, or ignore?

Options
  • 16-03-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

You discover that the Chinese have made a precise clone of you.

Your clone has all the memories you have. It speaks English, and it does not realise it is a clone. It believes itself to be the only one in existence.

Knowing what you know, what would you do next? Just go back to masturbating underground, or emerge and take action?

I'd be inclined to seek it out and kill it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Find it befreind it .....hilarity will ensure especially during pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I couldn't possibly kill such a nice chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

I'd retire and let him do all the work, while I funnel his earnings into an extravagate lifestyle for myself,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Develop a habit of flipping a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What harm is it doing.

• Advertisement

beejee wrote: »
    You discover that the Chinese have made a precise clone of you.

I'd be inclined to seek it out and kill it.

...but maybe your actually the clone and the Chinese version is out to get you...your now the hunted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Well that all sounds lovely :)

I imagine hanging out with myself would result in death.

Common observations of every day life would be the same, so instead of having something interesting to say, it would all boil down to "Yeah, I know", before anything is even said. But it would be said by both you and the clone at once at the exact same time.

Over time, "yeah, I know" would eventually turn into a more aggravated "Yeah, I fooking know, okay? !"

So people would see two identical people walking down the street, same walk too, both saying repeatedly, angrily, " Yeah, I fooking know, okay?!" in unison to each other, big red, scaldy faces on them.

So, I think death is inevitable for the clone.

But if I had the idea to kill the clone, then surely the clone would know immediately that my intent was murder the second he'd see me. And likewise he'd attempt to murder me. I suppose if it weren't for the gentlemanly formality of needing to introduce myself, I could kill him in his sleep, or from behind with a blow of a really large object.

But, if the clone ever did find out it was a clone, it would probably try to murder me anyway. So, it's better to be proactive and murder yourself before yourself murders yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

All depends. If he could make a decent spice bag I'd probably hang on to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Find it befreind it .....hilarity will ensure especially during pints.

And then self-cest

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

I'd let him live as a source of donor organs. Answer may have been inspired by a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Vita nova wrote: »
    I'd let him live as a source of donor organs. Answer may have been inspired by a movie.

Never Let Me Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Never Let Me Go.
    No, The Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

As they are you and know exactly how you think and what your kinks are. Well then it would be death by the durty stuff that goes on in your head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Vita nova wrote: »

Ah, check it out all the same, the book is of course better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Obviously most people would want to have sex with their clone. Weirdo Boardsies don't even think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,190 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

finally i'll be able to suck my own dick...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Well first we have to recognise the chinese and the likes encounter what could well be their doppelgänger everyday. They’re used to it, and thus operate as a unit. Are they clones?..if it’s our sense of individuality the’ve come to harvest it would not surprise me

I know it may be my own greatest weakness; to encounter something i never expected to be confronted with in myself. Would I say hello? One thing is for certain I don’t like my profile at 90 degrees so would be apprehensive about approaching from that angle. It’s a challenge....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kill. Kill it with fire. The world does not need another me. It's below par already. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sounds like the Simpsons when homer cloned his clones that cloned their clones...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kill it.

If it's an exact copy, it'll think it's the original and kill me first.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

is there no option to have sex with it?

wasted opportunity if not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

finally i'll be able to suck my own dick...

plus it doesnt count as gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

yet another fcuking ridiculous thread ……

WTF ..

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What if you caught a sight of yourself checking out another you. In a watching ye, watching you type scenario. About to apply the half nelson and frogmarch yourself down to the local constabulary for impersonation would you accost this double or allow events to transpire? Bearing in mind you are now effectively the triple. Or the third party, observing all this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Go on a crime spree. Rob a load of banks etc, make sure there are plenty of witnesses. Tip the Guards off to your clones whereabouts. He goes to jail and you keep the loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Treat it as my fetch. It can carry out all my dirty work for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Id have to kill it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Bruthal wrote: »
    Id have to kill it
    Not if I get you first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Theirs a great episode of black mirror where a woman does a procedure to copy her conscience and plans to use this "copy" to do all the organising for her. She then tells the man she remembers the procedure and the man explains to her that she is the copy and she is now the slave.. try to think of things from your clones point of view as they would deserve life just as much as you

• Advertisement
Advertisement