Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Say something controversial ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Boards.ie is run by the cia to round up communists

Ah ffs, scare off all the communists why don't ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

There should be mandatory implants of contraception against pregnancy for both sexes close to the average onset of puberty until people obtain a license to have children. To conceive a child, both parents must be certified.

Sir, may I see your breeding license? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

This whole transgender thing is some load of bollocks
    You're a man or a woman.
    Deal with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

There should be mandatory implants of contraception against pregnancy for both sexes close to the average onset of puberty until people obtain a license to have children. To conceive a child, both parents must be certified.
    Sir, may I see your breeding license?

What kind of Kennel club is this?

hytrogen wrote: »
    What kind of Kennel club is this?

Whole world is unsustainable need to put a leash on it or tie a knot to be precise. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

i was just reading about spike island on the other thread and it got me thinking . They should re open the prison on it and when the visitors arrive they could poke the prisoner with sticks in through the bars . numbers of visitors would soar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Den14 wrote: »
    Craft beers are mostly wretched. I can't stand those craft beer enthusiast snobs either.

Or those greasers in skinny jeans drinking out of a jam jar.

Den14 wrote: »
    Craft beers are mostly wretched. I can't stand those craft beer enthusiast snobs either.

That's just true not controversial.

After Brexit they should scrap the common travel area agreement and have a hard border between Northern and Southern Ireland. There should be duty free shops on each side of the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Penneys can be a bit pricey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Americans really misunderstand racism and put a lot of things down to it that are really about social class but they don't want to admit it because they consider themselves to have no social class system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bertie Ahern for President, sure he took a few brown envelopes, sure he's the original RobbingBandit, sure he looks like Mr Tayto, and he's a bollix, wait what was my argument again, Vote Bertie, or we could end up with another hobbit or a woman again.

After Brexit they should scrap the common travel area agreement and have a hard border between Northern and Southern Ireland. There should be duty free shops on each side of the border.
    While you're at it why not Irexit? The continental breakfast is so inferior anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

smilerf wrote: »
    You're a man or a woman.
    Deal with it
    They do..just not the way you would like them to do it :)

My contribution to the thread:

We should have a swap-a-refugee-for-an-islamophobe programme in Ireland.

Swap digs with the selected refugee's in Syria, survive their digs being shelled and then they have to travel 5000+ KM and have an AMA on boards at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The majority of lesbians DO have a stereotypical "lesbian" look.
    Short hair, no make-up, tattoos, wear sleeveless vests, men's jeans and Vans.

But if you ever said you knew they were gay because of how they look, you'd be slaughtered.
    It's true though.
    I can also tell a gay person from the way they dress/talk/walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

fussyonion wrote: »
    The majority of lesbians DO have a stereotypical "lesbian" look.
    Short hair, no make-up, tattoos, wear sleeveless vests, men's jeans and Vans.

But if you ever said you knew they were gay because of how they look, you'd be slaughtered.
    It's true though.
    I can also tell a gay person from the way they dress/talk/walk.

There's a lot more lesbians than the ones who dress butch but because they don't dress that way, no-one can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

The world is run by a few people that oversee and start wars to prop up both sides for the arms industry.

As George Bush said in one of his bloopers back in 2007, "big money trumps peace and that's the way of the world"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

LordSutch wrote: »
    About a world leader/politician.

I'll kick off.

TRUMP IS A GOD.

..well not really, but its a good start :)

Reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Abba would have been a better band without the ladies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People living in hotels for free aren't homeless and they are always in the news whinging when they have a roof over their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Bruce Springsteen is an overrated one trick pony.

yep, shouting ain't singing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Those Spanish police seem pretty reasonable and restrained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

monogamy is a curse on humanity.

Also I believe if society was polyamorous then people would take their health and looks more seriously in order to stay attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

An animals life is more valuable than a paedos, they should be used in lab tests instead of innocent animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

It's all a load of bollocks

People are just twisting truths all over the shop in this thread. Its not controversial its just a lie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Queers have a lot of energy. You could run a car of a couple of queers stuck in the boot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

arayess wrote: »
    monogamy is a curse on humanity.

Also I believe if society was polyamorous then people would take their health and looks more seriously in order to stay attractive.
    Well I dunno about a curse, but I would say that it's more a cultural construct than a biological one. Yes many people can be monogamous and for a lifetime with it, but nearly as many, if not more, it doesn't suit. I'd not be so sure of polyamory for the majority, but serial monogamy, where you partner up with another for a while and then move on when that fades and onto another would be more in line with our psychological and sexual and reproductive natures.

We see that emerging with the sexual revolution and gender equality. In our peak reproductive years most people practice serial monogamy as it is. Few stay with their "first love" they met in their teens. Instead they go from one monogamous relationship to another, usually lasting between 2 to 3 years(incidentally the time frame where shagging pre contraception would lead to birth and that child being weaned). Some with near overlap, or with an interim period of playing the field. Those with more choice in the dating/mating game tend to do this more consistently. IE women* and good looking people are more likely to do serial monogamy than men and average or below average looking people. Ditto for rich/famous people.

This pattern tends to continue in our modern reliable contraceptive world, until the 30's where men are women then seek to "settle down" and leave that serial monogamy behind. Again I would reckon much of that is also culturally driven. It works for many, but equally it doesn't work for many too. Again if we look at rich/famous people who have much more choices when it comes to leaving and meeting another it's rare enough where couples stay together for very long times monogamously. The Pierce Brosnans' and the Tom Hanks' are more the outliers and regularly pointed out as the "ideal", while not looking at or acknowledging that for such an ideal in a group of people who can afford to hold ideals more than the rest of us, it's so unusual.

*women are more likely to call time on a relationship and in divorces they make up three quarters of those seeking them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Kim Jong Un is the prophet Mohammed reincarnated, only fatter... think about it, we're just awaiting his war on Mecca, or in a more modern context 'Merica..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,072 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

We should pay more tax for better public services.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Even though the government fvcked up the water charges I still think we should pay for water.

Purified, well piped water doesn't cost nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

'The JFK' is my favourite sex act where you splatter all over her face in the car and she screams to get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Late Late Toy show should be called

Late Late Rugrat Romp show.

Toys only talked about for 5% of show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I always sometimes look to see just who has thanked a post before I bother even reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

anna080 wrote: »
    I always sometimes look to see just who has thanked a post before I bother even reading it.

I just thanked anns post for when she checks in on her thanksgivings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I dislike americans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Vogue Williams isn't even attractive. She's just an annoying, mole-having, D4-sounding, talentless, wannabe celebrity twat who jumped on a Westlife dick and rode it all the way into the gossip magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Vogue Williams isn't even attractive. She's just an annoying, mole-having, D4-sounding, talentless, wannabe celebrity twat who jumped on a Westlife dick and rode it all the way into the gossip magazines.

Agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If the media had wanted, practically every famous male pop/rock star since the 50s could probably have been outed as a paedo, as I'm sure many had sex with minors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Taylor Swift is very plain looking and does not have any real talent. Her voice is annoying and her fanbase consists of lonely teens and middle aged women and a handful of gay people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I'd like to see Bertie back 😬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If Michael D retires next year, the troll part of me (which is almost all of me) would like Bertie Ahern to be our next president. It would infuriate lots of people, which would be funny, but he'd also be really good at being president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RayM wrote: »
    If Michael D retires next year, the troll part of me (which is almost all of me) would like Bertie Ahern to be our next president. It would infuriate lots of people, which would be funny, but he'd also be really good at being president.

To be fair, he'd be better than Miriam at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

There is no homelessness crises in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Taylor Swift is very plain looking and does not have any real talent. Her voice is annoying and her fanbase consists of lonely teens and middle aged women and a handful of gay people.

I'd throw it into her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'd throw it into her

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I dislike americans

Me too. Loud, annoying, confrontational.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I think all registered drug users should be sterilized so they can't reproduce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

I think a persons vote should be weighted on their level of education achieved:

Primary only: 0.5 vote
    Secondary only: .75 vote
    Degree: 1 vote
    Masters: 1.5 vote
    PHD etc: 2 votes
    (for example)

Also anybody who owns a tracksuit for anything other than sporting activities and/or reads a tabloid rag should not be allowed vote

• Advertisement
Advertisement