Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armed Gardai storm Cineworld on Parnell Street, Dublin in response to incident

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Probably McGregor up to no good again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Somebody probably lost their mind watching that "Ready Player One" $hite. It damned near happened me

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The lad with no legs stamding on the chairs again possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Jesus, I was there watching Spiderman some months ago... #couldhavebeenme #blessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Drove past it when the armed response arrived didnt see much happen but crowds watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jesus, I was there watching Spiderman some months ago... #couldhavebeenme #blessed

Could have been half the country then!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Imagine watching an action movie and suddenly armed Gardai storm the building. Way better than 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Drove past it when the armed response arrived didnt see much happen but crowds watching

#thesuniscrap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Someone probably brought in their own treats instead of paying 3 times the price to buy them there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Armed Gardai on the scene at Cineworld in Dublin, due to reports of "man with a weapon"

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2409640/cineworld-on-dublins-parnell-street-on-lockdown-as-armed-gardai-storm-the-building/

Hopefully turns out to be a nothing story.

Boycott the Sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Imagine watching an action movie and suddenly armed Gardai storm the building. Way better than 3D.

Saw three Gardai storm an ice cream parlor in Howth earlier this week.. impressive they were. They seemed well drilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Kathryn Thomas’ ma missed the Tunisia beach shootings by a few months and her brother was in another part of California at the time of the Berkeley balcony collapse, both made it into the Indo at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Maybe the armed response had some down time, and fancied a movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Kathryn Thomas’ ma missed the Tunisia beach shootings by a few months and her brother was in another part of California at the time of the Berkeley balcony collapse, both made it into the Indo at the time

Wow, her family is a bloody jinx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

bear1 wrote: »

All's well that ends well then. I always wonder about what lead to the guards being called for these kind of things though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was her name Sharon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I've always said it - that feckin popcorn is addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You would have to wonder what happened here for the armed response unit to be called out but a false alarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bang Bang's ghost up to no good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Armed Gardai on the scene at Cineworld in Dublin, due to reports of "man with a weapon"

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2409640/cineworld-on-dublins-parnell-street-on-lockdown-as-armed-gardai-storm-the-building/

Hopefully turns out to be a nothing story.

Did they say he was wearing a Liverpool top? Probably a training top bought at 90% discount in the ILAC shop?

It is the Sun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It wasn't a weapon ffs. I was watching Red Sparrow, suddenly Jenny Lawrence is naked and so I took out me Fleshlight. Had a woman took out her rampant rabbit, none of this would have happened!

Anyway, like Tupac I'm out on bail fresh out of jail and see they have the freaking shutters down on Screens 5 to 14 and films only showing on 1 to 4 and 15 to 17. All delayed mind you......

20180406_205802.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

davycc wrote:
    Boycott the Sun

You vampires are forever saying that :p

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's a pretty cool photo. Whats all that $hit on the carpet? Chewing gum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

lawred2 wrote: »
    Saw three Gardai storm an ice cream parlor in Howth earlier this week.. impressive they were. They seemed well drilled.

Did some one dial 99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

You would have to wonder what happened here for the armed response unit to be called out but a false alarm.

Probably some dude with a camera and tripod

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/photographer-kerry-beach-sparks-garda-12277449

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

buried wrote: »
    That's a pretty cool photo. Whats all that $hit on the carpet? Chewing gum?

Just the pattern, so you can't tell when it's covered in popcorn or not I'd guess.

Just the pattern, so you can't tell when it's covered in popcorn or not I'd guess.

Did you take that shot yourself Pete? That is a cool shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

davycc wrote: »
    Boycott the Sun

Simpsons did it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement