Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAB Raids in North Leinster

• 05-04-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭

This is getting a lot of publicity today 05 April.

Great to see this lot getting their collars felt, but a few questions arise.

All these people were unemployed but yet seemed to be living beyond their means.

Were they claiming benefits and if so for how long?

How could this have gone on for such a protracted period.

How much more of this kind of activity is going on, maybe on a smaller scale?

Why the big 'hoo-haa' over what seems a very obvious collar, given the amount of lawbreaking and assets recovered.

Wht will be the outcome and punishment for those involved?

A lot of questions remain unanswered in this area, I feel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Were Rolex Watches seized?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

But thankfully you've asked nearly all them in your OP BB.

Only one arrest or did I mishear the reports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

humberklog wrote: »
    But thankfully you've asked nearly all them in your OP BB.

Only one arrest or did I mishear the reports?

So far, Humber... If the publicity generated today is meant to raise awareness I would suggest that follow on' coverage' up to court appearances and sentencing is required.

One can't help feeling this is the tip of the iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

This is getting a lot of publicity today 05 April.

Great to see this lot getting their collars felt, but a few questions arise.

All these people were unemployed but yet seemed to be living beyond their means.

Were they claiming benefits and if so for how long?

How could this have gone on for such a protracted period.

How much more of this kind of activity is going on, maybe on a smaller scale?

Why the big 'hoo-haa' over what seems a very obvious collar, given the amount of lawbreaking and assets recovered.

Wht will be the outcome and punishment for those involved?

Something something due process that we are all entitled to.

Advertisement