Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenge on Bullys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

rockbeast wrote: »
    Are you calling the OP "Chicken"?? :D

I think he was...stir stir.:D Quit stoking the fires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

When I was in secondary school back in the 80's one of the most notorious bullies spent most of his non-bullying time with his tongue firmly planted up each teachers backside (not literally). He was, to them the perfect student, tall, big, great at sports and a good academic scholar as well and was a prefect in his final year.

Thing was, he made the lives of dozens of us complete misery, he was a notorious liar and snitch as well. I forgot about him for years, then one day out of the blue a woman I knew a little bit (let's call her Maggie) asked me about him, and specifically asked me did he ever bully anybody. I gave her the full version.

Turns out this guy was engaged, his fiancee ran into somebody who went to school with him and who told her what a complete pr!ck and bully he had been in school and to ask anybody who went to that school in the 80's, and they will verify it. So the fiancee asked around, and her friend, Maggie said she knew me, she knew i went to that school and she'd ask me.

Either way the fiancee contacted about 12 or 15 people who all gave the same story, turns out the fiancee had suffered from bullies in school herself, she lost interest in him and broke it off about 3 or 4 months before the wedding. His mother found out and was pretty shocked by it as well. He was badly affected by all this, seems it took him a few years to get over it, but from what i gather he hasn't really learnt anything.

A couple of years ago, we had our 20th anniversary of the Leaving Cert reunion. Some of the lads who were bullies haven't changed, some have and were ashamed of what they did, it was an interesting night all the same, interesting to see how people develop over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

If he asked me now, I'd tell him to leave tyre tracks on the guy.

But the "old man" was probably beaten himself...

It's all about breaking the cycle of violence/bullying.

Takes a real strong man to do that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Unsure whether that is a p1sstake.

Unsure whether that is a p1sstake.

not a PT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

God there's one little prick from school that I would LOVE to give a decent punch to. By all accounts still an absolute dick.

I'd don't hold any particular anger and I can't remember the last time I thought about him before this thread but god, yeah one good clatter. I think I owe it to 13 year old me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wazky wrote: »
    Maybe people shouldnt refer to Dublin City as "town" then?, nobody would get their wee knickers in a knot over it.
    It's a well known & established term for dublin city, I know english lads who use it.

Maybe people shouldn't refer to kerry as "the kingdom", or when talking of galway they should be sure to say "galway in the west of ireland", just in case people think they are talking about galway in new york, or think the kingdom of denmark have a gaa team. But there is no need for that, you don't get gobshites acting the ignorant cunt and pretending they don't know where you mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Bully his children. Tell them you want them to run home to daddy and tell him to come fight you.
    He will look so sad in his kids eyes when he refuses.

In all honesty get over it Im sure he is a different person now compared to when he was 12-15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

not a PT.

Objectively speaking, you are right, and I am not a good person.

I can live with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

rubadub wrote: »
    It's a well known & established term for dublin city, I know english lads who use it.

Really? Outside of boards and Dublin itself, I've never it heard referred to as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

No, I loathe bullying, and have the opinion that legally it should be punishable.

But if you want to confront someone then do it, it's clearly something the OP needed to do, that's why he's venting on here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maybe people shouldn't refer to kerry as "the kingdom", or when talking of galway they should be sure to say "galway in the west of ireland", just in case people think they are talking about galway in new york, or think the kingdom of denmark have a gaa team. But there is no need for that, you don't get gobshites acting the ignorant cunt and pretending they don't know where you mean.
    Ah come on, if you're from the countryside the nearest town is always called 'town'

Objectively speaking, you are right, and I am not a good person.

I can live with that.

Fair enough:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah thats what happens sometimes when your picked on for the best part of 2 years by a lil twat!

Give him an absolute hammering. You will feel better, much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I heard a few years ago about what happened to the main few bullies in out school/class. One ended up in and out of a mental hospital, another ended up working in dead end jobs... Still living at home etc...

I felt kind of sorry for them instead of being happy that their lives were now ****tier than those of the people they once picked on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

"I hate you so much it gives me energy!" -Dylan Moran

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." --Ghenghis Khan

mloc123 wrote: »
    I heard a few years ago about what happened to the main few bullies in out school/class. One ended up in and out of a mental hospital, another ended up working in dead end jobs... Still living at home etc...

I felt kind of sorry for them instead of being happy that their lives were now ****tier than those of the people they once picked on.

True.

Some bullies are sociopaths/psychopaths,

MOST are being abused themselves and acting out.

A bully's life is its own revenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Town can be used for any local town but with the examples you gave above they are specific to that area.

It may come as a surprise to you but there are other towns and actual people outside Dublin.

Fairly arrogant to assume everyone should call it what you call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

I have no idea how people carry anger or resentment around for so long.

there is one chap - if he EVER crossed my path i will stomp him into dust

some things will never be forgotten or forgiven

so that how it gets carried around , not on my mind at all normally

but............. one day ill see him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Jesus lad relax, tis after hours was just havin the craic, you're takin it a bit personally for some reason, sorry for offending you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Honestly if someone said "Town", Dublin would be the last place I'd think of. People in the country use it to refer to the nearest town to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Living well is the best revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

As I always say in these type if situations, get them in the long grass....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

I waswas a 6ft beanpole of a lad with ginger hair, bit of a soft touch tbh, and got picked on/bullied from as young as I can remember, starting in primary school, bout 3rd or 4th class. Being the stereotypical ginger with a short fuse I started to find myself in the principles office a lot more often. Right upto 3rd year I was a regular outside, and inside, the office of the principal! I've fought my way into suspensions regularly for being bullied, I told the teachers and parents like we're all told to do, to no avail, so I took things into my own hands an that's how things in my personal and social life started to go t*ts up.
    After about 10 years of fighting back, physically against the lads who were making my life hell on a daily basis I just decided, don't know what it was that made me change my frame of thought, but at some stage I just said f*ck it let them at it!
    From about 15/16 I tried to forget about all that had gone before, mainly because I knew I wouldn have to deal with these assholes anymore, I was doing a job that I loved and was happy with how things were goin and pretty much forgot bout school life until I randomly encountered one of the lads when walking down my parents neighbour hood. I had no intention of doing anything but this lad acknowledged my with a name that I was regularly taunted with as a kid, back comes ALL the aggression that I felt for him 14 15 years ago came back with a vengeance and ended up in a lot of trouble with the officials.
    OP, quick answer us, it's not worth it, if you do retaliate for past mistakes of others it won't be benificial in any way whatsoever! I'm not a religious person but I really belive that there is a time to forget and move on! You like I, may never forgive or truly forget about it, it did make you the person you are today. So look around you and be grateful for what you have and the moral judgement you gained from your past!

Spoken like a true Dub :p

Ah here, When them English lads are at home and they say town, do you think everyone assumes they mean Dublin or the city/town closest to them.

For example, Where I am from, town does not mean Dublin.

Spoken like a true Dub :p

Ah here, When them English lads are at home and they say town, do you think everyone assumes they mean Dublin or the city/town closest to them.

For example, Where I am from, town does not mean Dublin.

'Towaan is still bleeding towaan no matter where ya are, ri?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I wouldn't say its revenge but more like a haha f-you moment...

I was pretty big all through secondary school and there was a girl that used to make snide comments and slag me all the time... I lost the weight after I left school.I went to a wedding recently and she was there and she was huge... All I could think was karma got the b****

I wouldn't say its revenge but more like a haha f-you moment...

I was pretty big all through secondary school and there was a girl that used to make snide comments and slag me all the time... I lost the weight after I left school.I went to a wedding recently and she was there and she was huge... All I could think was karma got the b****

More likely KFC got her :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

c_man wrote: »
    Really? Outside of boards and Dublin itself, I've never it heard referred to as such.
    I have, loads of times, as a kid in the 80's it was this usage that made me cop on it was slang for dublin city centre. Certainly nothing new about it.
    Ah come on, if you're from the countryside the nearest town is always called 'town'
    Yes, I do accept that, and I could similarly say "ah come on, if you see a lad with dublin city in his location refer to town you can safely presume its dublin city centre", even when a location is listed if someone is using town with no other reference its usually fairly obvious if they meant dublin or their local town.

wazky wrote: »
    Fairly arrogant to assume everyone should call it what you call it.
    :confused: I never said they should, I just wish annoying fuckers would not act all ignorant. In 99% of cases on here where I saw someone say "which town" I believe they already know fine well. It's just weird how some people want to come across as ignorant in an attempt to appear smart, talk about backfiring.

• Advertisement

:confused: I never said they should, I just wish annoying fuckers would not act all ignorant. In 99% of cases on here where I saw someone say "which town" I believe they already know fine well. It's just weird how some people want to come across as ignorant in an attempt to appear smart, talk about backfiring.

So, they don't use the same slang as you for a particular thing therefore they are annoying ignorant fuckers? :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 86 ✭✭Pixie69

What town

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

As hard as it is to do,you just have to let it go. Why be angry over what a child (even an evil bastard arsehole child) did to you for a small percentage of your life. The best revenge is living well and surpassing every goal you want to in life.

All you have to do is look them up on facebook and see how ****e their lives have become. That's enough revenge you need! :p

Though,if you really want to go the whole revenge route,my advice is to **** with their keys if you get the chance. Nothing like inconveniencing them and then watching their life fall apart using bad grammar and txt speak on their fb timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

When I was in school I was teased mercilessly by a classmate because my PE gear and normal clothes were non-branded dunnes or penneys clothes - she was full of comments and snide digs about my clothes and how my parents must have been poor, and what crap quality dunnes stuff was etc etc

20 years later, I met her in her place of work - she was working on the tills in dunnes, the establishment she once despised and ridiculed, and I was a customer there, earning about ten times what she was earning. I didn't point out that to her, but I do admit it gave me some petty satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Seriously though what town is everyone talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

geeksauce wrote: »
    Seriously though what town is everyone talking about

San Diego, I'm sure it's San Diego

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I can understand how someone would carry around a ton of anger towards a bully.

Glad you didnt go through with what you wanted to do.
    In the end you'd have only come off worse as the loser would probably have gobe running to the gardai. Bullies are like that, liars and cowards.

Well done and stay strong.
    They're really not worth bothering about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Dubs think Dublin is the only 'Teawn' in Ireland. Mar fewil dem wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

If you reacted that would make you pretty much the same as the bully. Since he was probably only doing it as a reaction to you. Also you never know what may have happened to him since. He might have completely changed. Or you could do some irreversible damage and be screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I love how all these feel good stories start with how they met their tormentor a few years later, fat and bald. You're still trying to validate yourself regardless of the "good place you're in". It's incredibly sad.

I speak as someone who's taken his fair share of stick in his youth. It's embarrassing and the best lesson you can learn is not give a **** about what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

All those cúnts who give me stick over the most idiotic things ever I know that I don't need to perform an act of revenge.
    They will **** up they're own lives one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

I followed the bible and turned the other cheek at school, I still had desires to stick bullets through them though. I did lose my rag the odd time though and flipped someone and swung them into the air, I never got into trouble because the teachers new it was because I was provoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Rory Gallagher

orangesoda wrote: »
    I followed the bible and turned the other cheek at school, I still had desires to stick bullets through them though.

Don't I know the feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I love how all these feel good stories start with how they met their tormentor a few years later, fat and bald. You're still trying to validate yourself regardless of the "good place you're in". It's incredibly sad.

I speak as someone who's taken his fair share of stick in his youth. It's embarrassing and the best lesson you can learn is not give a **** about what others think.
    Yeh I don't like these "My bully is fat and wrote off and working a crap job" comments, it looks petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

"Anyone who double crosses Tuco The Th!ng and leaves him alive knows nothing of Tuco The Th!ng"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I understand how people still feel some resentment. But to assault someone or get revenge as an adult because of things they done as a child is a bit ridiculous.

Op you should go after the fella that bullyd him and made him the bullyer.
    No wait go after the bulleyers bullyer. No no go after the bullyers bullyers bullyer.
    Itd be alot simpler if you decided to just not become a bully and break the cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Blay wrote: »
    Some of the best revenge I've ever seen;

Rather unfortunate that the video is titled 'Bully get slammed by fat kid'.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Yeh I don't like these "My bully is fat and wrote off and working a crap job" comments, it looks petty.

If people want to be petty about people who psychologically or physically tortured them and that makes the victims feel better, feck it, they're allowed to be petty.

AngeGal wrote: »
    Rather unfortunate that the video is titled 'Bully get slammed by fat kid'.......

Its rather unfortunate he got pushed around by kids his own size then body slammed a mislead child. See the interviews on this. See the kid his own size stepping in to stop it before he runs off.

If you poke around youtube you will see his da admitting he had no time for him. You will also see they both got suspended. Great video but in fairness it was a boy getting bulleyed by everyone until somebody alot younger and smaller tried it and lashing out at him.
    If I get bulleyed in work should I powerslam the kids when I get home because they eyeball me??
    Wrong lesson here. He should fight in his own weight division not wait until he can beat on somebody smaller than him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement