Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fertiliser requirements for first cut silage

• 16-04-2014 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

How much units of n, p & k are you guys putting on silage ground for 1st cut. Well say for a 10 tonne per acre yield

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭99nsr125

How much units of n, p & k are you guys putting on silage ground for 1st cut. Well say for a 10 tonne per acre yield

Generally without slurry, two bags of urea and three bags of 0-7-30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Generally without slurry, two bags of urea and three bags of 0-7-30

2500 gls slurry 2.5/3x 27 2.5 5 can based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

2 bags of urea and 2 of 0.7.30. Should probably be 3 of the 0.7.30. Gets slurry after silage. Might change next year to putting slurry out in march.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

Went with [1 x MOP] + [1 x 10*10*20] + [3 x Richland ] per acre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Lads thats a lot of fertilizer and at a nice cost too. I go with 2000 gallons of slurry first then after 2 weeks i spread 1 bag of urea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

The Cuban wrote: »
    Lads thats a lot of fertilizer and at a nice cost too. I go with 2000 gallons of slurry first then after 2 weeks i spread 1 bag of urea.

i agree. It fairly adds up if you factor it in for costs to winter cattle. Would it pay most years?

taking out strong paddocks and less ground specifically for silage is my preferred option.

on silage ground, i go with 2000gal slurry with pig slurry added and 1 bag can with 1 bag 18-6-12 but we have index 4 for P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭just_did_it

Spread 200kg/acre of 18-6-12 no slurry and
    150 kg /acre of 18-6-12 no slurry on silage ground.

I'm hoping it will be enough !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Spread 200kg/acre of 18-6-12 no slurry and
    150 kg /acre of 18-6-12 no slurry on silage ground.

I'm hoping it will be enough !

200kg as in 4 bag, would that be too much?
    Would that take 8 weeks before harvest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Farrell wrote: »
    200kg as in 4 bag, would that be too much?
    Would that take 8 weeks before harvest?

4bags of 18's would be 72units. Take 2 units a day gives around 36days for nitrogen to be gone, prob want to add on a few days to that tho to be safe,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭just_did_it

Yes 4 bags/acre,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Yes 4 bags/acre,

Do you get much better results with 4b vs 3b?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

munkus wrote: »
    2 bags of urea and 2 of 0.7.30. Should probably be 3 of the 0.7.30. Gets slurry after silage. Might change next year to putting slurry out in march.

Put out the slurry after silage cutting here too. Just find tanker does too much damage to the ground in early spring for the sake of a few units of nitrogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭degetme

How long should you wait between slurry application and compound fert for silage ground?

How long should you wait between slurry application and compound fert for silage ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

degetme wrote: »

I usually let it go for a week, once weather is kinda damp that would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

degetme wrote: »

A week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Spread coat of fym in feb, got two bags lime to acre week after plus 1bag 27%N 5%S. Being grazed now with three bags to acre cut sward next week. Hope that doed.

Advertisement