Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

campral

• 13-04-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey,
    I've been think alot recently about giving up the drink because its having bad effects on my life. I've started going to the information sessions in stanhope street dublin. And hope to continue on treatment there.
    They have talked about campral and how can help in the process of staying of the drink. I know its not a quick fix but I'm just wondering has anybody here used it and how did you find it? Did it help?? I'm going to my doctor during the week to ask can he prescribe it to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have never used it myself but do know it is suppose to help in conjunction with abstinence,the number one priority in stoping drinking is really down to oneself totall commitment in wanting to stop,suzycat there are no easy ways in doing this,it's a very hard road,but as shown be many people here it is a well trod one, good luck in your battle and keep posting as all support is usefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meistereck

I was on campral for a short time and found no benefit from it. However it's use alongside other treatments may be more beneficial. I would say you have nothing to loose by trying it as it's quite safe medically.

Advertisement