Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.Sc. Applied Psychology (TCD) vs. M.Psych.Sci (UCD)

Options
  • 17-04-2014 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been offered a place in both the M.Sc. Applied Psychology (TCD) and the M.Psych.Sci (UCD).

I'm wondering has anyone advice on which course is better structured, offers better future prospects, is more internationally renowned etc.? My research interests are more social psych which I think UCD is better suited to. However, I did my undergrad at UCD and I appreciate the importance of having various schools on a resume. Any advice on which course I should choose???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Psych1988

Hey,

Out of curiosity, which one did you go for? I've been accepted to one and on the waiting list for others. From talking to others it seems your're quite lucky to have the choice. So well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Owalsh

Psych1988 wrote: »
    Hey,

Out of curiosity, which one did you go for? I've been accepted to one and on the waiting list for others. From talking to others it seems your're quite lucky to have the choice. So well done!!

I ended up choosing UCD after speaking to one of the lecturers there! She's a big name in my area of research interest (feminist & social psychology) and runs the diversity and inclusive practice module of the course. So, I decided ucd seemed like the better choice for me.
    After talking to some people they told me it is very important to find a faculty member/s who have an interest in what you want to research. Apparently, your supervisor and project work can make or break you when it comes to what you get out of a masters programme. :)
    Both courses are great though. I hope you're happy with the one you have been accepted into!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Psych1988

Thanks for the advice. All the best with your studies!!

Advertisement