Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free original music composition and production for Game Development

Options
  • 13-04-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

I'm a seasoned musician, performer and composer, now looking to learn his trade in the production end of things.I'm currently looking to see if any game development students are looking for any original music for a project of theirs.

I would provide this service for free and would just need a direction in the mood or theme you would be looking for in the project.

There's nothing to lose here on both sides, so I'd love to hear from you if you were interested.

Thanks
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi Ciaran,

I'm in the process of looking for music for my game if you would be interested?

Some more info about the game here

And A PC demo here (I stress "A", as I am not exactly sure what version it is! It it is a fairly recent version anyways)

I'm not actually too sure on direction if Im being honest! The mood would be pretty upbeat anyways as it is ment to be a party game of sorts. As an opening splash screen song I thought it would be funny to have car horns playing the circus theme, but have not thought any further than that! Do you have any suggestions to what you think would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Saint Alfonso

Hey there,

Yeah I'd definitely be interested in putting something together for this if you like?
    I've had a go at the game and it's fun, upbeat and lighthearted, and i could put a couple of things down to reflect that, no problem.

If you like, you could pass me on your email and I could forward on some samples to you in the next few days to see what you thought?

Sure let me know anyway, great work on the game :-)

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Would definitely be! Cool, I'll drop you a PM now with my email.

Just a heads up I might be busy over the next few days so If I don't get back straight away don't take any offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Hi Ciaran,

Very nice of you to offer your services to developers. Thanks. From a music standpoint, am more or less covered for current game, but with a bit of luck and a fair wind, there will be others.

Was wondering if any of your music is available online, would like to have a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Hi,
    What a great offer, very generous.

If it's still on the table I'd love for you to produce something for a game I'm developing. I'm only starting so unfortunately I don't have anything to show you for inspiration.

But It's a 2d platform game, the main protagonist being the leader of a motorcycle club, who's members have all been kidnapped or arrested and the bikes being taken, he will basically try to save his club members and get back the bikes.

If that sounds like something you'd be interested in I'd love your help, Music is the only thing I can't do myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement