Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson V11 Absolute €550 @ Littlewoods Ireland

Options
  • 03-12-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Link

I have been thinking about getting a Dyson cordless vacuum for a while. €550 seems to be a good price for the V11 absolute.
    I'm hoping some here might talk some sense into me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dont..
    Get the Xiaomi Dreame V9/V9 Pro for a third of the price.
    Lots of reviews on Youtube with head to head against Dyson V10/V11 and its just a good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,680 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I got the V8 absolute last week for 330 euro. Serious machine.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

I had a dyson to start with and then got this shark..I would NEVER go back to dyson after getting the shark especially if you have carpet or shaggy rugs etc...this is the cheapest price I've seen this shark at too.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/shark-duoclean-if200ukt-cordless-vacuum-true-pet-with-flexologynbsp--pink/1600204615.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

ongarite wrote: »
    Dont..
    Get the Xiaomi Dreame V9/V9 Pro for a third of the price.
    Lots of reviews on Youtube with head to head against Dyson V10/V11 and its just a good.

Very interesting... but post sale support for the Xiaomi concerns me. Whilst researching it I've seen mention of people receiving faulty units that won't charge, Bangood refusing to refund, returns, replacement parts etc.

I really like the price point and specs, but I'd be concerned I'd end up with a €200 brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks for this thread.

My old reliable Miele hasn't worked properly since I hoovered up a spider out of the bath (with the bathwater still there)

So am considering one of these?

Donaghy Bros. And Joyce's if Wexford seem to be doing them at 549. Just want to make sure it's the right model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

anewme wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread.

My old reliable Miele hasn't worked properly since I hoovered up a spider out of the bath (with the bathwater still there)

So am considering one of these?

Donaghy Bros. And Joyce's if Wexford seem to be doing them at 549. Just want to make sure it's the right model.

Yep, same model @ Joyces

https://www.joyces.ie/product/dyson-v11-absolute-vacuum-cleaner/

With Dyson they're excellent but make sure to get the right one for your house. People often get the cheapest one and then give out about them. Like buying the Motorhead version when you've hard floors in the house.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

With Dyson they're excellent but make sure to get the right one for your house. People often get the cheapest one and then give out about them. Like buying the Motorhead version when you've hard floors in the house.

This one seems to be the top of the range and covers everything! Even out to hoover the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,179 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Very interesting... but post sale support for the Xiaomi concerns me. Whilst researching it I've seen mention of people receiving faulty units that won't charge, Bangood refusing to refund, returns, replacement parts etc.

I really like the price point and specs, but I'd be concerned I'd end up with a €200 brick.

That's why I went with Dyson and good thing I did, as I managed to damage the motorhead attachment while cleaning it out and it wouldn't spin anymore. I sent them a message and they sent out a replacement head for free the next day (€60 value). The thing that worried me was these vacs have so many removable parts that could break and getting a replacement part sent from China could be annoying.

One of my neighbors has the V11 and it's really nice, but I don't think it's worth the extra compared with the V8. The V8 I have does the job. I got a 'manufacturer refurbished' V8 Animal on sale from Dyson on ebay for £240 (+ parcel wizard fee) which was a bargain. All the accessories/heads were brand new. I'm guessing the motor is what is refurbished but it's working fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dyson-V8-Animal-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner-Refurbished-1-Year-Guarantee/113904494886

These are 549 now in Dyson and also other electrical outlets.

I called in tonight with the full intention of buying and the salesman asked if I had another vacum cleaner as back up (for the stairs) he said if I phoned Dyson and said it was not picking up dirt, I would be told I needed another vacum?

I don't want to pay 550 for something that needs a back up?

Anyone else heard that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have the V10 and it does an excellent job the stairs....and the rest of the house. I bought one for my Dad too because I didn't want him to be on the stairs with a heavy hoover. The Dyson has taken a lot of the hassle out of hoovering.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anewme wrote: »
    These are 549 now in Dyson and also other electrical outlets.

I called in tonight with the full intention of buying and the salesman asked if I had another vacum cleaner as back up (for the stairs) he said if I phoned Dyson and said it was not picking up dirt, I would be told I needed another vacum?

I don't want to pay 550 for something that needs a back up?

Anyone else heard that?

That's strange. Salesman must have been new Christmas staff as it sounds like they don't know the product.
    I use my V10 absolute for the whole house (3 Storey) including carpeted stairs.
    It comes with a small rotating head that's perfect for the stairs if carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cordless dysons are a pain in the hole. Constantly cleaning and maintaining them for them to work all the time. If the filters and seals aren't anything but immaculate they cut out. Not to mention the swivelling ends when hair gets on them they jam and stop.

These aren't as hassle free as anyone tells you so don't believe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

listermint wrote: »
    Cordless dysons are a pain in the hole. Constantly cleaning and maintaining them for them to work all the time. If the filters and seals aren't anything but immaculate they cut out. Not to mention the swivelling ends when hair gets on them they jam and stop.

Not our experience at all on Dyson v10. Best thing we ever bought for the house

As good as these are they still cannot compete with direct plug in power of a Henry or Miele. Maybe that's what he meant.

I bought the V8 Absolute knowing this but tbh my Henry hasn't seen the light of day since as the Dyson is better than I thought it would be.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not my experience after progressing from the V7 to V8 to V10.

Filter pops out at the top. Clean with water in the sink, then let dry. Easy.
    Hair tangle is common to any hoover with rotating heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Dyson all the way, Xiaomi anything is poison.

Dyson V11 Absolute is years ahead of the rest of the market and other brands give the cordless rages a worse name that it should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

kceire wrote: »
    Not my experience after progressing from the V7 to V8 to V10.

Filter pops out at the top. Clean with water in the sink, then let dry. Easy.
    Hair tangle is common to any hoover with rotating heads.

This is a very good point. The missus washed our filter under tap and put back in and they complained endlessly that the Dyson was broken. Went as far as getting a new charger as we thought that was the broken part. Turned out the unit wouldn't start or charge because of the moisture. You have to let it dry. Charger useful as a spare anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Same experience here, rotating head is continually jamming. Even before that problem arose we have fairly new thick carpets upstairs and the Dyson seemed to struggle with them, cutting out continuously.

We’ve gone back to the old reliable Henry now, I don’t think I’d buy another cordless vacuum, although they are deadly handy for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Same experience here, rotating head is continually jamming. Even before that problem arose we have fairly new thick carpets upstairs and the Dyson seemed to struggle with them, cutting out continuously.

We’ve gone back to the old reliable Henry now, I don’t think I’d buy another cordless vacuum, although they are deadly handy for the car.

I second this...new carpets in our house, dyson wouldnt even move on them. Invested in a shark, best thing I ever done. Changed to shark downstairs for the wooden floors too. Hair get tangled in head too but it takes 2 minutes every now to clean the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭dball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G-E0uZleDk

not sure if this is relevant, just saw it on my Youtube feed after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,829 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

slegs wrote: »
    This is a very good point. The missus washed our filter under tap and put back in and they complained endlessly that the Dyson was broken. Went as far as getting a new charger as we thought that was the broken part. Turned out the unit wouldn't start or charge because of the moisture. You have to let it dry. Charger useful as a spare anyway!

Who'd have thought that an electric appliance wouldn't work with a wet/damp part in it :pac:

I hope you gave her some stick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Bought my Dyson V8 absolute in 2017 and its a bloody great machine. Makes light work of cleaning up my three bed semi with converted attic (as in the charge will last for the whole house). Makes vacumming an easy chore when you don't have to be pulling a cable around and moving a plug from socket to socket. Could never go back to a corded hoover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

This was my experience with the first cordless I bought (a Hoover model) but I bought a Dyson V8 about a year ago and have never had any trouble with it *touches wood* Brilliant piece of kit....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Orson100

Hi, I know this is an old thread but just a little bit of caveat emptor for those considering buying the Dyson V11. I bought one less than 3 months ago and over a period of 2 to 3 weeks, it started began cutting out during use to the point where it would not switch on at all.

Attached see the problem for those experiencing similar issues and where they have ruled out filter, blockage and battery issues. You can clearly see in the image I have attached, the stress fracture on the plastic trigger component which has progressively weakened over time, to the point where the trigger was not strong enough to exert the required pressure on the battery spring pillar switch with which it makes contact.

Dyson support experience was challenging - one hour minimum wait on the phone and I have to make 4 calls. Got a complete new unit under warranty in the end (about 3 weeks after my first call) but am hoping that I don't see similar issue recurring. if it does, then it's money back time.

Other than that, the V11 is a very cool machine, no complaints.

Advertisement