Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreams

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I was discussing the significance of dreams with a psychology student a while back and they were adamant dreams were nothing but an epiphenomenon and of no import.

I'm always taken aback at how indoctrinated students today are. For example, psychology students don't study Freud or Jung to any extent nowadays it seems.

The reflexive dismissal of dreams as an epiphenomenon boiled my piss when she said it. Consciousness is as much an epiphenomenon as dreams are.

Anyway, dreams are fascinating. And genuinely a potential treasure trove of what the unconscious mind is up to IMHO.

Anyone dismissing dreams as meaningless is just being lazy and is afraid of understanding something that is difficult to specify.

I would pity any psychologist who ignores their importance.

What is an epiphenomenon ? I am too lazy to look it up.

Jonybgud wrote: »
    My own one from last night, I was beaten by a woman in a calf eating competition. I put it down to the fact that she had a much bigger mouth than me!

Is there a matriarchal figure in your life who is a bit of a gossip and tends to beat you to the punchline now and then?

Is there a female in your life that you are struggling with , it could be your wife, or sister, niece, Aunt , cousin, friend, your mother, grandmother, your mistress or maybe your whore?

Is there a powerful female in your waking life that is overpowering you or belittling you?

Do you eat much steak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Do you eat much steak?

Reminds me my dreams always degenerate into eating ass just before I wake. But I wouldn’t look too deep into them

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Reminds me my dreams always degenerate into eating ass just before I wake. But I wouldn’t look too deep into them

Pigs arse or human ass?

If it is human, is the flesh alive or dead? What part of the backside are you eating? Are you on the badge or merely nibbling the saddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Perhaps it's a dream about talking out of one's 'ass'.

Such dreams can be very disturbing Widdershins, particularly if your mind allows you to take the initiative of checking a nearby mirror once your ass starts speaking.

I vividly remember a dream where I went into the changing room in Arnott's to see what exactly it was talking about....

It wouldn't be suitable to repeat what it said on Boards.ie. When my ass gets going it can be very difficult to shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

They always end that way. Guilty conscience? Odd coincidence. Just when it seems tangible I suddenly stir and get a grip of myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Seamai wrote: »
    My dad claimed he never dreamt and thought we were all talking rubbish, I think most of us do every night it's just that we don't remember all of them.
    REM sleep is a very important type of sleep.
    Oh I used to. It's just now I either fall asleep straight away or it's in the morning after a night of insomnia.
    I just don't seem to dream anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I woke up one morning, very happy with myself for some reason. Looked outside and absolutely lost it when I couldn't see my Ferrari. It was a an F50, and it was gone. I was shouting, raging you could say. Took my mother 10 minutes to get me to understand I don't own a Ferrari, especially not at 15 years of age!

Used to have quite a few, eh, happy dreams, with the end result and all. Always fascinated by those. If I could figure out how to induce them, I'll be (voluntarily) single for the rest of my life!

• Advertisement
Advertisement