Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR SPORTS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Says only 1 can be assigned...

You have to ring them to add the second one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

You have to ring them to add the second one

Looking for the name and number of the second box. Previously had the Eir Sports 3 month trial on it so they probably have the box and details on file. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

It’s chrrently €29.99 ... same price as the Sports channels by themselves from Eir!

Eir are trying to attract new customers to sign up offering the sports package for free but wont tell you that come August they wont have to sports channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Eir are trying to attract new customers to sign up offering the sports package for free but wont tell you that come August they wont have to sports channels.

Is that 100% confirmed though? They'll still have their own channels at least...

dulpit wrote: »
    Is that 100% confirmed though? They'll still have their own channels at least...

No, nothing confirmed by anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Looking for the name and number of the second box. Previously had the Eir Sports 3 month trial on it so they probably have the box and details on file. Any ideas?

On mine you get all your details by pressing Services, then Settings and scrolling across to System Details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Just sent an email to cancel this, tried the 0818203040 number first and they don't work Sunday.
    Will update when I hear more.
    €29.99 is far too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Esse85 wrote: »
    Just sent an email to cancel this, tried the 0818203040 number first and they don't work Sunday.
    Will update when I hear more.
    €29.99 is far too expensive.

You will receive a standard reply offering you a few more months at half price if you agree to stay.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    You will receive a standard reply offering you a few more months at half price if you agree to stay.

"Thank you for contacting eir Sport.

Regrettably we are unable to action your request as you are not the account holder."

So they are able to accept sign up and payment from a non account holder, yet won't accept cancellation.

Will never be using this crowd again after I get this cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

"Thank you for contacting eir Sport.

Regrettably we are unable to action your request as you are not the account holder."

So they are able to accept sign up and payment from a non account holder, yet won't accept cancellation.

Will never be using this crowd again after I get this cancelled.

I think that's pretty much standard.
    I know Sky will only accept a cancellation request from the account holder. They won't even accept it from a named 'user' on the account.

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    I think that's pretty much standard.
    I know Sky will only accept a cancellation request from the account holder. They won't even accept it from a named 'user' on the account.

I'm the bill payer for this Eir Sport subscription, they allow me sign up alright but don't accept my cancellation, talk about double standards.

I got it sorted eventually.

Was offered €15.99 for two months but won't be taking that up.

I'm the bill payer for this Eir Sport subscription, they allow me sign up alright but don't accept my cancellation, talk about double standards.

Is it though? Think about it, if you were totally unconnected to the account holder and paid on their behalf, nobody is put out except the person paying, and Eir are able to confirm that that person wants to pay by virtue of them being contacted. The account holder is not put out in any way, it's like a gift.

When you try to cancel though the person who is affected is the account holder. As you are not the account holder, Eir can't verify that the account holder wishes to be affected with the cancellation, so can't take any further steps.

Is it a pain? Yes. Is it the correct approach though? Also yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any deals with eir sports?

Is the 0818 number the number to contact them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

dulpit wrote: »

No, nothing confirmed by anyone

I got 100% confirmation from a lad at sky that Eir would be losing the BT channels... He was in the process of trying to keep me as a customer though so who knows what kinda ****e he was spouting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,896 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I got 100% confirmation from a lad at sky that Eir would be losing the BT channels... He was in the process of trying to keep me as a customer though so who knows what kinda ****e he was spouting

I got 100% confirmation off a Sky rep once that BT and Sky were owned by the same company.

They will tell you anything to get you to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They are a joke regarding getting you to stay. No shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Want the next ufc card so rang up. No connection fee, first month half price. So I took it already have my calendar updated to possibly cancel in 30 days.

There would be grounds for early termination of contract if the Eir pack keep BT Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

There would be grounds for early termination of contract if the Eir pack keep BT Sport
    Not so sure there is,I remember virgin took channels off their service a few years ago and people looked to leave,they contacted comreg(I think)and were informed that there wasn't sufficant grounds to warrant a break in contract.
    Sounds a bit ridiculous if this would apply to EIR dropping the BT package but you never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

17.99 for me for two months then I’m getting rid.

BT are going to be sold by Sky Ireland so Eir would definitely have to have 3pms next season or there’s no chance of me giving them any money

• Advertisement

All over their contract is that the Eir Sport bundle channels are subject to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

I was on to Sky recently and was advised by the rep that they had bought the rights to BT Sports and this would be offered as an add on from May this year

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

kranbo wrote: »
    I was on to Sky recently and was advised by the rep that they had bought the rights to BT Sports and this would be offered as an add on from May this year
    Yep me too,I also got a survey from sky asking if I would be prepared to pay for a BT sport package

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

May have been posted before but this seems to indicate Sky will become BT's exclusive distribution partner in Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/sky-agrees-deal-to-make-bt-sport-available-to-its-irish-subscribers-1.3681041

Real pity that Pro14 rugby coverage will be split from Heineken Cup coverage and UFC coverage. Although if it brings down the price of BT sport as a stand-alone then they have my vote.

Real pity that Pro14 rugby coverage will be split from Heineken Cup coverage and UFC coverage. Although if it brings down the price of BT sport as a stand-alone then they have my vote.

Im going to agree with the exact opposite point there... If Eir Sports drops in price as a result of this I'll be a happy Pro14 watcher :)

Im going to agree with the exact opposite point there... If Eir Sports drops in price as a result of this I'll be a happy Pro14 watcher :)

Do you support a province that does well in Europe? ;)

Do you support a province that does well in Europe? ;)

Yes I do

However there are 21-24 games for my preferred province, minimum 9 of which I would attend in the Pro14 Vs 6-9 games in the European cup, minimum of 3 of which I would attend

Makes more sense to have Eir if there's a choice between that and BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Given that Eir do not sell to Virgin Media im delighted with any deal that forces them to expand their market and prices.

Given that Eir do not sell to Virgin Media im delighted with any deal that forces them to expand their market and prices.

Can you still have Virgin TV with Eir broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Can you still have Virgin TV with Eir broadband?

Yep. But you will likely pay more if you don't bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

Will be able to get all your Champions cup and Pro 14 rugby next year from sky, no confirmation of prices yet though.

In negotiations with Eir to sell BT/Premier sports rights to them.
    Wonder will Eir start charging for their sports channels from next year to pay for what Sky charges them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭bennyineire

rodge123 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

Will be able to get all your Champions cup and Pro 14 rugby next year from sky, no confirmation of prices yet though.

In negotiations with Eir to sell BT/Premier sports rights to them.
    Wonder will Eir start charging for their sports channels from next year to pay for what Sky charges them!

Eir already charge for their channels :confused:

Eir already charge for their channels :confused:

They offer their sports channels free if you subscribe to their broadband packages I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭OldRio

They offer their sports channels free if you subscribe to their broadband packages I believe

Indeed they do.

"Free" but infact it is built into your broadband price, hence why eir is the most expensive BB package.

Anyone that has Eir sports is paying for it one way or another

Emailed them to see if any monthly offers but nothing offered except full prices. Would be willing to pay 15 to watch the rugby at weekend but not giving them 30.
    I’ll make do with watching via other means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BigPoppaDump

"Free" but infact it is built into your broadband price, hence why eir is the most expensive BB package.

I signed up to Eir last year for BB and landline for €36, 12 month contract, sports included. What do I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I was gonna say if you dont need a phone package or care about speed Eir are the cheapest at the moment.

I'm just out of contract with Virgin and they are offering me a poor package this year. Plus they have removed the phone from their broadband deals, its an extra, only €5 per month but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Emailed them to see if any monthly offers but nothing offered except full prices. Would be willing to pay 15 to watch the rugby at weekend but not giving them 30.
    I’ll make do with watching via other means!

I'd almost have been happy enough paying the €30 a month until the end of the season but the €15 re-connection fee is a complete piss take.

Was paying €40 a month for broadband from sky, moved to Eir (who also paid my early termination fee) for €35 a month, so I'm essentially paying €-5 for my sports channels

Was paying €40 a month for broadband from sky, moved to Eir (who also paid my early termination fee) for €35 a month, so I'm essentially paying €-5 for my sports channels

Sigh, yep you are paying a limited offer €35 a month for 12 months for eir

If I were to sign up to Sky BB at the moment it is €30 per month for 12 mounts

Vodafone is €25 per month got 6 months

Sometimes it's just to easy to be right :)

Apples and oranges - you have to look at what was on offer at the time he signed up. When I signed up I had the option of Eir at €35, Sky at €55 and I think Vodafone was 6 months cheap and 6 months expensive. So at the time, Eir was cheapest, with bonus sports. The year previously I was with Sky, because they were cheapest.

Standard prices as of today;

Eir; 35 per month including landline and Eir Sports. 40 euro connection fee.

Sky; 35 per month including landline. 50 euro connection fee.

Vodafone; 32.50 per month, no landline, no connection fee

If you want Eir Sports, it's an absolute no brainer. Eir is by some distance the best value.

If you don't want a landline or Eir Sports, go with VF.

Standard prices as of today;

Eir; 35 per month including landline and Eir Sports. 40 euro connection fee.

Sky; 35 per month including landline. 50 euro connection fee.

Vodafone; 32.50 per month, no landline, no connection fee

If you want Eir Sports, it's an absolute no brainer. Eir is by some distance the best value.

If you don't want a landline or Eir Sports, go with VF.

Yep so you are basically proving my point, Eir Sports is built into the eir broadband account sub :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yep so you are basically proving my point, Eir Sports is built into the eir broadband account sub :confused:

Sorry, what am I missing? :confused:

All packages are the same price give or take yet Eir give you Eir Sports but your saying there is a charge for it compared to others?
    Is it the €2.50 per month and connection fee compared to Vodafone that your saying is the charge?

No, I am utterly disproving your point.

Eir is the same price as Sky, except with Sky you don't get Eir Sport.

Eir is only 2.50 more expensive per month than Vodafone, except with Vodafone you don't get Eir Sport or a landline.

Yeeesh

Correct, I am paying this for 12 months on a 12 month contract, so after my contract ends I'll call Eir up and ask for the same deal again. Failing that I'll probably switch to another provider and then back to eir during the "cooling off" period using the wifes details if needed!

Sky is a fiver less but refused point blank to give me the same offer again after my contract ended with them (something which they have no problem doing for my TV service strangely enough)

After 6 months with Vodafone it goes up to €55 a month so I won't entertain that idea

Correct, I am paying this for 12 months on a 12 month contract, so after my contract ends I'll call Eir up and ask for the same deal again. Failing that I'll probably switch to another provider and then back to eir during the "cooling off" period using the wifes details if needed!

Sky is a fiver less but refused point blank to give me the same offer again after my contract ended with them (something which they have no problem doing for my TV service strangely enough)

After 6 months with Vodafone it goes up to €55 a month so I won't entertain that idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but....

I bought the Eir Sport package last November at €270 for the year (or whatever it was). One off payment for 12 months subscription.
    Got a call from an Eir Sport representative on Friday, asking me if I was renewing my contract.
    I said I wasn’t as they lost a load of channels.
    She then informed me that I had to pay one month’s subscription as a penalty for not informing them that I wasn’t renewing my contract! Apparently it’s somewhere in the terms and conditions that if you’re not renewing, you have to inform them before the end of the original contract period!
    I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous in my life!
    Surely the point of a 12 month contract is that it last 12 months, and it’s not up to either party to inform the other side of anything?

Proper pi$$ed me off, but typical of Eir.

• Advertisement
Advertisement