Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 43" Smart TV

Options
  • 01-12-2019 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a 43 inch smart TV at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

LG 7000 Series, 7450, 7600, 7400, 7000. 330-360. Range

Its 4k Series. Normal 1080p will be cheaper in range of 200-300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I am looking at one of these and hope to purchase soon but may look at the 49 inch version
    Seems to be getting good reviews
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204192-philips-43pus7394-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Harvey normal had a Lowe variant at 399. 55 inch. 6 series

Harvey normal had a Lowe variant at 399. 55 inch. 6 series

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've a Panasonic one I'm very happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I am looking at one of these and hope to purchase soon but may look at the 49 inch version
    Seems to be getting good reviews
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204192-philips-43pus7394-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Got a 7 series Samsung 4k 43 inch from richer sounds a few months back really nice but if kit + 6 yr warranty,worth a visit online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Buy a TV because of its build quality and picture quality and not because of its smart capabilities. In 2-3 years you’ll find the majority of apps will no longer be updated or working. I’ve a 2015 Blu-ray player that can attest to that. Only reason I bought that was because I needed a new Blu-ray player as my old one was stolen on loan to someone.

AVOID
    JVC, SHARP, certain Panasonic models, Blackpunct, Nordmende, Walker, Bush, Alba, Philips as these TVs are made by Vestel in Turkey or UMC in Slovakia. The capacitors tend to give issues after 12 months

Sony, Panasonic (smart models), LG, Samsung you’ll most likely be grand, although the build quality of all these is not on par with what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Bought a Sony 40 inch just before Christmas my LG died overnight after a long time showing a starburst like light. Picture sound etc all A okay. Only problem is I have to use two remote controls; Virgin to change stations and Sony to adjust sound. I also can't get subtitles , which is a problem for a deaf 74 yr old. In fairness I think it is my lack of knowledge rather than the equipment. Still, I like the new tv for all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Buy a TV because of its build quality and picture quality and not because of its smart capabilities. In 2-3 years you’ll find the majority of apps will no longer be updated or working. I’ve a 2015 Blu-ray player that can attest to that. Only reason I bought that was because I needed a new Blu-ray player as my old one was stolen on loan to someone.

AVOID
    JVC, SHARP, certain Panasonic models, Blackpunct, Nordmende, Walker, Bush, Alba, Philips as these TVs are made by Vestel in Turkey or UMC in Slovakia. The capacitors tend to give issues after 12 months

Sony, Panasonic (smart models), LG, Samsung you’ll most likely be grand, although the build quality of all these is not on par with what it used to be.

Avoid the Philips 4 series as this is made in Turkey, all higher end models are made by TP Vision which bought Philips TV division a few years back. Their a decent company.
    Saying that I have a 4 series Philips 32" for a few years now and no issues with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 William Legrande

AVOID

I fully agree with you there!

You can also add Toshiba to that list.

I bought an LG TV for the sitting room in 2015 and a JVC shortly after for a bedroom.

From the outset the software on the JVC was poor; it kept losing the WiFi connection and then took repeated attempts to finally get it back working again, YouTube and Netflix kept crashing. At some stage along the way all of the smart features stopped working. It still works fine as a basic TV, having said that. The software is from 2014 and there does not seem to be any update available.

I am using a Humax HDR1100-S along with the JVC and after trying out all of the know JVC codes to sync the remote I found the working one under Toshiba.

The LG by comparison has always worked perfectly and the software is still being regularly updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

stuba wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a 43 inch smart TV at a reasonable price?

Thanks

define reasonable? what specs/functions do you want from the tv?

look at powercity.ie/did.ie/currys.ie/richersounds.ie....etc for the deals they have

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There's another one in LIDL, an LG this time, from Thursday the 23rd of January.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/superbowl-2020/43-inch-ultra-hd-smart-tv/p35102

• Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have a JVC TV. Bought it 15 months ago and it is still working perfectly.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement