Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday - Chat thread

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

declan_06 wrote: »
    The only thing I got from amazon was the prime 3 months promo, really bad sale so far!
    I got hue bulbs, hue outdoor lighting, a longer ladder to reach one of my light fixtures that will also work as a scaffold for gardening and doing my gutters, a ms surface and accessories, meaning I now have four computers of similarish specs, micro sd cards, child locks, echo dots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I have the Orbi. It's fantastic. 500Mbit in every corner of the house.

That’s what I would love but the price is crazy for just streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I picked up https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquiti-Networks-UAP-AC-LITE-Access-Point/dp/B016K4GQVG?ref_=mw_olp_product_details during the warehouse sale for £58, "like new", for anyone looking for a good WiFi AP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

After all that it looks like I have CAT5e running through some of the house at leat :)

Sorted so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

limnam wrote: »
    Sorted so :)

Just need to figure out where it goes :) And then will stop taking this thread off on a tangent and open a new one to see what’s the best system but thinking I’ll add 3 APs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Picked up a rake of "as new" with the 20% from the warehouse, all now arrived and all literally as new with damaged packaging, good savings

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just a heads up... some items you might have purchased as a "Deal Price" on Amazon consequently drop in price to a REAL deal price the next day, so it's worth double checking your past orders this week against the current price.

I got onto Chat and was credited back the difference, but it only works if the item was sold by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone familiar with this? I'm tired of WiFi boosters and powerline plugs being unreliable. hollowcore flooring and solid walls...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071241G3R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Kst4DbBMZK5X6

I picked up this a few months ago. I was keen on the Google 3-device mesh but it was still full price. Perfectly happy with these. We're in a 3 floor 1400sq ft semi (lots of competing signals in the estate). I have a cable run from the ISP's modem/router/wifi in the loft to the ground floor. The wired one connects wirelessly to the one in the kitchen (which also covers our small garden) and one directly above it on the first floor. So there are 4 access points throughout the house on every floor with strong coverage everywhere. I average 50+ Mbps (240 when wired) throughout the house.

samhail wrote: »
    I have those setup in my place, my main issue with them is that the "roaming" takes about 30+ seconds to reconnect.

That's down to your device, not the mesh. I have a Samsung S8 and set its wifi switching to "aggressive". The slightest lag it switches to mobile data and finds a new access point seamlessly. You'll never know or notice a glitch while it switches. But with older hardware you might need to cycle the wifi on & off to get it to switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

That's down to your device, not the mesh. I have a Samsung S8 and set its wifi switching to "aggressive". The slightest lag it switches to mobile data and finds a new access point seamlessly. You'll never know or notice a glitch while it switches. But with older hardware you might need to cycle the wifi on & off to get it to switch.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll look it up sometime. I have the OnePlus 7pro, and wife has Samsung S10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

barneyrub wrote: »
    Ya. Its in the app. Up to 20 back if you spend 200

where is this in the app please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I got hue bulbs, hue outdoor lighting, a longer ladder to reach one of my light fixtures that will also work as a scaffold for gardening and doing my gutters, a ms surface and accessories, meaning I now have four computers of similarish specs, micro sd cards, child locks, echo dots.

What ladder you get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Cushtie wrote: »

Link please if you have? Had a look. Can't see them for that price?

There gone up to 32ish pounds, I got mine for 27.55, went for a second pair at 33 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

What ladder you get

A longer one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What ladder you get
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01FXC0XI8?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I'd have preferred it a little longer but I should manage. Telescopic longer ones for same price but without the stabilizing bar or space to set one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Anyone know if the echo dot clock can be got anywhere else other than amazon? They’re not in stock until the 12th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone know if the echo dot clock can be got anywhere else other than amazon? They’re not in stock until the 12th Jan.

Argos, Curry's, littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

26 euro in argos picked one up last night in cork store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Cool. Thanks for the replies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

The echo dot clock is 41 in Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Viks26

I bought the Asus Zenbook from Currys and it was delivered yesterday. I only had it on for a little while yesterday, but first impressions for anybody who is thinking of buying it:
    - Build quality is absolutely top drawer. I knew it would be good, but was surprised by how good it is
    - Lovely screen
    - Speakers are pretty decent for laptop speakers, but tinny when turned up load
    - Keyboard is lovely to type on
    - Being able to use the trackpad as a numeric pad is really handy. If you press the top right corner of the trackpad, it lights up a display to show the numeric pad
    - The backlight didn't work on the keyboard initially, but as Windows was cycling threw downloading and installing updates, one of them must have been the drivers for it, as it began working after a restart
    - I can't comment on performance yet as I only had it on for a short time and it was installing so many updates that it was running a bit slow. Once I have all updates installed over the next few days, I will get more of an idea of it
    - Overall, very happy so far

Any update on how you're getting on with this so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Viks26 wrote: »
    Any update on how you're getting on with this so far?

Bought one of these for my wife and I'm very happy with the quality of the laptop and performance is great.

When opened, the back edge of the top section is the stand, so I'm cautious that I don't drag it about to avoid scuffing. See pic here

The display is nice and bright, the ability to change the trackpad into a numpad is very handy and I hope to wrestle it away from the wife more often.

Advertisement