Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda vetting and pulse

• 08-12-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

If I damaged my neighbours property (front door) the Garda were called. I was not arrested no did I receive a formal caution. I simply had to pay for the Fixing of my neighbours door and pay a visit to neighbours landlord to apologise. Now I need to be Garda vetted. Will this come up on vetting if it was recorded on pulse. In other words can a Garda choose to put whatever is on the pulse on the vetting form? Second point I don’t have a criminal record but was arrested once but I wasn’t charged. The arrest might be on pulse but again is there a chance that it could make its way onto vetting form.the vetting is specifically to flag any anti social behaviour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

If I damaged my neighbours property (front door) the Garda were called. I was not arrested no did I receive a formal caution. I simply had to pay for the Fixing of my neighbours door and pay a visit to neighbours landlord to apologise. Now I need to be Garda vetted. Will this come up on vetting if it was recorded on pulse. In other words can a Garda choose to put whatever is on the pulse on the vetting form? Second point I don’t have a criminal record but was arrested once but I wasn’t charged. The arrest might be on pulse but again is there a chance that it could make its way onto vetting form.the vetting is specifically to flag any anti social behaviour.

If you so much as farted in polite company and a guard heard about it, it would end up on pulse, it's a gossip mag in that sense, i wouldn't worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Exactly, being on PULSE won't show in vetting. They can only advise on criminal convictions, not information. Sounds like the issue was resolved civilly so no Garda investigation required by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Exactly, being on PULSE won't show in vetting. They can only advise on criminal convictions, not information. Sounds like the issue was resolved civilly so no Garda investigation required by the looks of it.

Details disclosed
    When a prospective worker is vetted by the National Vetting Bureau, their criminal record (if any) is disclosed to the authorised liaison person in the registered organisation – see ‘How to apply’ below. A vetting disclosure will include details of all convictions and pending prosecutions and a statement of specified information* (if any) or a statement that there is no criminal record or specified information relating to the person being vetted.

*Specified information (also known as “soft” information) is information other than criminal convictions where such information leads to a bona-fide belief that a person poses a threat to children or vulnerable people.

Minor offences: Under Section 14A of the Acts convictions for certain minor offences in the District Court that are over 7 years old are not included in the disclosure. However this provision does not apply to offences that are specified in Schedule 3 of the Acts and in Schedule 1 of the Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016.

Citizens Information website. Excellent for a lot of general queries.

Advertisement