Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tried to buy eBay item - lost money

Options
  • 08-12-2019 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So tonight I was making offers on an item. My three offers wasn’t accepted, so I mail the seller directly. We settled on a price so I accepted his offer. I went to pay for the item, however the transaction didn’t work on eBay.

I assumed that this was a bad connection or something wrong on my end. I tried to buy the item a few more times and I got a similar response each time. Each time I payed through pay pal. It was just like I hadn’t enough money in my account to complete the transaction each time.

I then logged into banking 365 and it showed that the money had left my account, but I have no idea where it went to. I mailed the seller, to ask if he received and money from me and he assured me that he didn’t receive anything.

I have nothing to indicate a purchase in my pay pal transaction or eBay purchase history.

Has anyone else here had this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

In your bank the transactions are probably showing as pending transactions, the money should go back to your account in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

nava wrote: »
    In your bank the transactions are probably showing as pending transactions, the money should go back to your account in a few days.

Hi Nava!

The transactions are in today’s/ currently pending transactions at this moment on the bank of Ireland app! I didn’t realise that previously.

I guess I could call bank of Ireland and maybe try to get this process of canceling these transactions quicker!?

Thanks very much for your help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's nothing they can do to speed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

L1011 wrote: »
    There's nothing they can do to speed it up.

Perfect thanks a million!

Advertisement