Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Head Shave :(

Options
  • 05-04-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

New to head shaving.....

Anyone else has this issue? Possible to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Looks like the skin on the back if your head is potmarked. Not much shaving can do for it unless you just let the hair there grow to a stubble and leave it like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Quick once over with a blow torch will sort it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Your scalp is scarred. Possiblly from dermatitis or psoriasis or particularly severe dandruff inflammation. Did you ever have those sorts of issues?

There isn't any fix for this I'm afraid. It is just the way it is. Probably better just leave your hair grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Your scalp is scarred. Possiblly from dermatitis or psoriasis or particularly severe dandruff inflammation. Did you ever have those sorts of issues?

There isn't any fix for this I'm afraid. It is just the way it is. Probably better just leave your hair grow.
    None of the above.

There *is* treatment. I have seen a much worse case of the same on Embarrassing Bodies with a great outcome.

You will need to see your GP for starters - difficult in the current situation. You could possibly get a diagnosis and prescription over the phone if you send the doctor a few pictures.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

To me that looks like a good head shave in a bad head.

I don’t think your scalp is suitable for that tight shave.

• Advertisement

See my post above.

Not your ornery onager

Cork29 wrote: »
    Any link to it?
    It is a few posts up in this thread. This is what I said:

There *is* treatment. I have seen a much worse case of the same on Embarrassing Bodies with a great outcome.

You will need to see your GP for starters - difficult in the current situation. You could possibly get a diagnosis and prescription over the phone if you send the doctor a few pictures.

Not your ornery onager

Cork29 wrote: »
    I meant any link to the episode or what to search?
    No link to the episode, sorry.

Your condition looks to me like localised acne, but IANAD. Do/did you have acne anywhere else on your body?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Homelander

Going from the lighting, there are a lot of pockmarks, he already said he had scabies so it could be scarring from that. The red marks may be fixable but no prescription can fix the physical scarring. Laser treatment could work quite well though.

I'm pretty sure scabies does not leave pock marks.

The case I saw on Embarrassing Bodies (like the OP's pic but a fair bit more severe) did involve laser treatment, and the results were striking.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Esel wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure scabies does not leave pock marks.

The case I saw on Embarrassing Bodies (like the OP's pic but a fair bit more severe) did involve laser treatment, and the results were striking.

I remember watching that episode,the poor fella was in a very bad way and the condition did look a lot more painful than OP's pictures.

iirc he got a prescription for the inflammation and then laser treatment over the course of a few months cleared up a lot of the scars/marking.

Advertisement