Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 have done away with keep your credit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mav11 wrote: »
    Real disaster. Luckily I only need it for back up broadband so not urgent. Feel ready to give up on 3 at this stage!!

I just use home wifi on phone and live without it outside, maybe use free wifi if REALLY stuck outside house, thankfully not stuck relying on three

Ive 30 odd credit and then this carry on otherwise id be thinking of moving myself

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Well if that did turn out to be true for existing customers I'd be jumping ship to gomo. Spending my credit on playstore is the only thing keeping me with 3.

Me too I buy 2 ebooks every month with my 20 euro credit, its great I must have bought over 40 books by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

jeffk wrote: »
    I just use home wifi on phone and live without it outside, maybe use free wifi if REALLY stuck outside house, thankfully not stuck relying on three

Ive 30 odd credit and then this carry on otherwise id be thinking of moving myself

Three have changed contract terms and conditions so there is a question as to whether unused credit will be retained.

Think I might move to Vodafone on their 20gb PAYG offer, if I can confirm that it can be used in a modem or for tethering!

reg114 wrote: »
    Me too I buy 2 ebooks every month with my 20 euro credit, its great I must have bought over 40 books by now

Think that might be gone under new contracts:mad:

Update: Finally I'm able to get into the new My3, its telling me that my existing credit balance is good until the 28th Sept 2020:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

What a terrible way to sneak in a huge price increase. During Coronavirus.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

castle2012 wrote: »
    Yea the new app is terrible. I moved over to it the weekend. Expiry dates on credit (that's new).
    Is there any company now that let you keep your credit?.I liked been able to keep my credit

Expiry of credit is not new, it has always been the way. It just wasn't clearly explained in the old My3.

The credit of only one top up can be active on your account at any one time. When you top up, that credit is queued until any pre-existing top up credit has been used up first. Queued top-up credit will expire after 180 days if it hasn't entered active use.

The top-up credit in active use will expire 180 days after the last usage action on your account (call/text/data) so if you're using your phone every day, the expiry date for your active credit will always be 180 days in the future.

In summary, the way to ensure none of your credit expires is to make sure you don't leave any top-up in queue for more than 180 days.

castle2012 wrote: »
    What a terrible way to sneak in a huge price increase. During Coronavirus.

Losing top-up credit as a plan-activation charge only applies to those who switch to one of the new plans. No change for anyone who remains on the pre-existing 3Pay plan.

Just remember though if you switch away, you won't be able to switch back to this plan again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Quackster maybe then it shows the mess they have been making that expiring credit is news to most people

• Advertisement

jeffk wrote: »
    Quackster maybe then it shows the mess they have been making that expiring credit is news to most people

I wouldn't disagree with that. It's an unnecessarily confusing system.

Quackster wrote: »
    Losing top-up credit as a plan-activation charge only applies to those who switch to one of the new plans. No change for anyone who remains on the pre-existing 3Pay plan.

Just remember though if you switch away, you won't be able to switch back to this plan again.
    Yes I believe that happened with Tesco Mobile. The old plan you kept your credit. Some customers tried to change back but couldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So if I join new I can keep the credit but must use it or lose it before.next top up?

noodler wrote: »
    So if I join new I can keep the credit but must use it or lose it before.next top up?

As a new customer as far as I know, once you for example put the €15 quid in. It activates your offer and credit is taking.

Advertisement