Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywhere to buy hair clippers?

• 25-03-2020 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

With all barbers shut, I need my haircut so need to buy a hair clippers. Argos closed so can’t go there. Anyone know of anywhere else that sells them at a reasonable price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Aldi and Lidl have them (?) or will soon if they have any commercial sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

With all barbers shut, I need my haircut so need to buy a hair clippers. Argos closed so can’t go there. Anyone know of anywhere else that sells them at a reasonable price?

Amazon prob best bet now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Littlewoods sell them very reasonably and has free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I need a hair clippers too, but I plan on buying online and just getting it delivered

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tesco have the Wahl clippers for 15 euro, the ones Argos had for 13.

My partner was rather enthusiastic in trying them out and now I am glad I am locked in for a while.

A decent sized chemist shop would sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Any recommendations for a cordless one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I cut my own hair all the time. Unless you buy an expensive Whal product the blade become useless after a just a few uses. Even with the expensive ones you have to oil it or the the blade will fail eventually.

I bought a Braun one with ceramic blades that don't need oiling for about 20 quid I think in either Argos or TKMAX, I don't remember, and I've been using it about 3 years and never failed me.

For those that have never did this before, it takes some time to build up skill to give yourself a haircut.

My advice is don't be adventurous. Just pick a length fairly short your happy with and cut it the same length all over. It's very difficult to graduate your hair and even if you can do it takes much much longer to do.

You don't need to do it all in front of a mirror. The way I do it is sit on a chair and bend over resting my elbow on my leg and go over the head as much as you can. The reason for that is your arm will get quite fatigued quite quickly when you're doing it yourself in an awkward position.

Then when you feel you've most of it cut use a mirror to find the bits you've missed.

edit: you will find it a bit difficult to do the bits around the ear. Leave that till last with mirror. Decrease the length of the blade a bit to get them.

edit 2: It's much easier to get an even looking cut if you keep it fairly short, so if you don't want a completely 'skint' look use the comb attachment one above the shortest one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a cordless one?

I got a Remington one in power city for €25!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭con747

I got one of these a while back and find it fairly good, Remington hc4250 hair clippers. A good wide trim but you need a small trimmer as well for awkward parts. Lasts about 2ish cuts before charge and can be used plugged in.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Advertisement