Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor touch site QOL issues

Options
  • 09-01-2020 7:29pm

QOL = quality of life, in case anyone is wondering

There are two minor issues which have been around for a while and only recently started to annoy me enough to warrant posting about them.

A handy way of looking for posts / threads you're interested in is to look for them via your post history. Clicking your user icon in the top right hand corner of the screen brings you to the 'my profile" screen, which has a number of options available:

"Private messages (0)
    Find all posts by $hifty
    Find all threads started by $hifty
    Select followed forums
    Log out"

The first issue is that, on the desktop site anyway, there's another option labelled "find all posts that quote $hifty". Can this be added to the touch site, please?

The second issue is that when you click "find all posts by....", it shows your last 15 posts or whatever. There's a link to page 2, to go posts number 16 through 30 and so on. However, those links to pages 3 and up disappear after you've clicked the page 2 link. Once I'm on page 2, there's no link to go back to page 1 or forward to page 3, if you follow. Can this be changed also?

I can provide screenshots if I'm not clear enough.

Comments

Anyone?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi $hifty,

Thank you for the suggestions. The ability to quickly access posts that have quoted you is certainly worth adding and I will suggest it to the dev team (unfortunately I can't provide a timeline as to when something like this might be implemented).

As for search, we are planning to undertake an overhaul of the search system which should hopefully make it more suitable and hopefully resolve issues such as this.

Cheers for the reply Mark.

I note that the search function has been acting up lately so I assume there's a lot going on under the bonnet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement