Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unibrow Removal

Options
  • 03-01-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

How do you remove the piece of hair between your eyebrows so you don't look as if you have the one eyebrow?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Again as in recent days I say the women out there would be the best advisors on this score. Hell lads, we're really behind the curve on this. We need to step up godammit. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Didn't do the Gallagher any harm.

I think tweezer and pluck or else go laser removal if that doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I would recommend against shaving it yourself. You'll likely not get it symmetrical but keep trying to.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

A run of a mach 3 every couple of weeks does the job, symmetry be damned. Although I've often started with a full beard and ended up with just a soul-patch trying to get the thing even...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I would recommend against shaving it yourself. You'll likely not get it symmetrical but keep trying to.

That's what I have found. I'm not sure if I want to go into a beauty salon and get them waxed though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I'm sure you can get wax strips in the chemist for a unibrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I wouldn't shave it yourself, because you'll just end up with a stubbly unibrow!

Honestly, go to a salon and get it waxed or threaded. They deal with men all the time, it's no biggie.

Threading is a little more painful than waxing but not particularly painful anyway, bit of a small sting is all. I prefer threading because over time, it thins the hair in the area being threaded, resulting in less growth. I find it lasts longer than waxing too.

Best part about it is once you have it done once, you can just take a tweezers to any hairs that grow, as they grow. Once my brows start growing back, I end up plucking maybe 2 hairs a day. Waaaaaay less painful than plucking the lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thread wax or pluck, no biggie.
    Don't shave. Shaving is a terrible idea

Gael23 wrote: »
    That's what I have found. I'm not sure if I want to go into a beauty salon and get them waxed though

Why? I wax and thread all day long, it's my job, and lots of guys come and have it done. Lots of "normal" guys, nobody bats an eyelid. Nobody cares. Promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I use this -

Philips NT3160/10 Nose Hair, Ear Hair and Eyebrow Trimmer Series 3000

Every couple of days, does the job.

Does ear and nose hair too.

No way in this wide earthly world would I go plucking nose or ear hair - been there, certainly tests your pain threshold! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Either go to a salon and get it waxed, or pluck it yourself with a tweezers.

I would recommend the salon - they will tidy up all of your brows not just your unibrow

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Been plucking mine with a tweezers for about 15 years now with no issues. Might go over it with the shaver occasionally if I'm in a rush but that's very rare.

I used to go to a men only salon in Dublin when I was up there a lot but I'm not anymore. I think I'll just go for the waxing though. I shaved them myself and they're ok but not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Is it true once you start waxing/plucking/ shaving it will come back thicker and more obvious meaning you will have to keep doing it once you start?

No. This isn't true.
    If you look at the structure of the hair, it's tapered at the top and you have the bulb of the hair at the end. A hair has three growth stages. 1, 2, 3.
    1 being brand new, 3 being the last stage (the shedding stage)

So, if you come along and shave it, you're taking whatever is over the skin, ie the tapered part, the finest part of the hair. So if the hair is still growing, it'll grow out, so then the bulb is emerging because it's now what's left of the hair.
    The bulb is the thickest part so this is why it seems like it's thicker or stronger.

Wax can sometimes break the hair. If the hair breaks the same principle applies, the rest of the hair comes up.

Threading tends to roll the hair out, and when the skin is properly supported then it doesn't hurt too much. It would be my preferred method for hair removal to be honest as it is quite gentle, even though it doesn't feel it.

Also, once you get used to not having any hair there, and it starts to grow back -- it can often seem much worse than it was as it was normal and you were used to it before waxing, but afterwards you're used to having the area smooth. It's not that it's any worse, it just feels like it is cause it hadn't been there for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

thebuzz wrote: »
    Is it true once you start waxing/plucking/ shaving it will come back thicker and more obvious meaning you will have to keep doing it once you start?

I can't believe this old wive's tale is still doing the rounds.

Lexie has dealt with it above. Seriously, if there was any truth to it all balding men would have to do is shave their heads every so often.

I actually only got it done for the first time on Friday. When I went in I was a bit WTF for a minute! The place was a hairdressers as well as a beauticians so when I went in there was a woman old enough to be my grandmother waiting to get her hair done! The procedure itself was harmless and I actually quite like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I've nothing against lads looking after themselves and metrosexuals. But surely on a gentleman's forum I can't be the only one not really feeling the idea of attending a beauty salon for threading and waxing???? What's wrong with 2 mins and a tweezers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I can't believe this old wive's tale is still doing the rounds.

Lexie has dealt with it above. Seriously, if there was any truth to it all balding men would have to do is shave their heads every so often.

here's a question....does facial hair grow faster during the day when your'e awake than it does at night while asleep?

Sometimes (to save time in the morning and avoid cuts), I'll shave just before I get into bed. That morning when I get up, e.g. after an 8 hour sleep, my face is still as soft as a baby! But, if I shave in the morning, after 8 hours out and about, I'll have the usual 5 o'clock shadow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Apologies to bump an old thread but has anybody ever got there uni brow lasered, seems like the most permanent solution.

Laser isn't permanent it has to get topped up (depending on hair regrowth)

Cheapest is self plucking with a tweezers, personally I shave mine, and also run the razor over the eyebrows to thin them out... it isn't very neat but .... I'm not overly concerned, I "groom" it to make it look less messy, my eyebrows can get bushy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Getting sick of plucking as it leaves the skin very red for ages afterwards recently so i think i might try laser 6 sessions and wouldn't mind topping up once a year if needs be, mediglow in cork seem to have a good rep and reasonably priced.

Just be careful, there are scare stories out there of guys going to places to get stuff like this done but because the person doing the work isn't normally working with males the end result is a more feminine looking brow.

It may just be scare stories, or could have been someone inexperienced thinking they can do it ..but I would rather have control over what the result is and do it myself.

I don’t know of any laser clinic that would laser an eyebrow

Advertisement