Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting these texts?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

I got a text message over the weekend saying I have won $2,500,000, I just deleted it immediately, love to know how the f**kers got my number though ! I'm very careful with my info and contacts !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just got one now from +19163845594

You are Irelands's winner :D

apple.ie.agiveaway.info

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I got similar texts like that before and just delete them they just spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

This post has been deleted.

The phone numbers are auto-generated by the spammers, i'd say. They definitely auto-generate email addresses. Mobile numbers would be far easier, as they know the first 3 digits and the total number of digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Must be the new scam.
    My mate got this text today:

"you are ireland's winner. Your number has been chosen to recieve a free gift. Go to www..... " and then gives a link to goto. Seemingly apple.ie address. But it doesnt have an forward slash in its url (eg, www.apple.ie.contest etc)

Mate got exactly the same text the other day but said Sony instead of Apple :pac: Thought i'd share with boards. Is anyone else getting these?

Just got 6 texts in 60 minutes with the same content. When I Googled the number it said it's registered in Atlanta, Georgia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Just got the Apple text.I dont have a smart phone,must be from Donedeal ads I put up recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 badspealler

Just got this one myself (Ireland's winner blab blah bullsh*£). :mad:

Website ip looks like its based in Panama, which strangely enough isn't anywhere near Apple HQ in Cupertino, California... :eek:

If only it had been a much sought after win on the Nigerian lotto... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I just claimed my million off them. Koolio.

Advertisement