Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 & newborn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

Why won't they allow gas and air? As in, what is the logic behind the decision, or did they say?

Just said it was a corona precaution, I'm assuming because it uses a breathing mask/apparatus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Uptheduff wrote: »
    Just said it was a corona precaution, I'm assuming because it uses a breathing mask/apparatus.

Which hospital? I had my baby on Monday in CUMH and had no issue with using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Uptheduff

Sligo University hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭History Queen

Uptheduff wrote: »

Seems strange purely because if you needed oxygen for example you would still need breathing apparatus. I'm not medically trained and have no doubt there is a valid reason. I was just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Seems strange purely because if you needed oxygen for example you would still need breathing apparatus. I'm not medically trained and have no doubt there is a valid reason. I was just curious.

Hi ladies, I’m assuming they are doing this as they are deeming the gas and air to be an aerosol (light particles in a pressurised system). There’s new info out that the covid virus can live for longer in aerosol particles than in droplets on surfaces etc (which is about 2 hours). They’re currently researching this. But I’m guessing that’s most likely the reason. They are saying the virus may live for 3 or more hours as aerosols. This is only my assumption from the knowledge I have so far on the virus.

You would need to ring the mat hospital to clarify the exact reason. And if they say it’s “precautionary” just ask them on what grounds. They would need to have something to back it up. They don’t just make up rules without evidence/research to back it up. But I think it’s the aerosol thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭smurfette2212

Having been to UHG today, they also have a sign confirming gas and air cannot be given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Having been to UHG today, they also have a sign confirming gas and air cannot be given.

More bad news :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

No gas and air will be tough.

Advertisement