Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three contract - new contract without signing

Options
  • 09-09-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My father recently switched to the Three €30 month broadband package. He did this in store. He initially inquired about it and the guy in the shop said that it should be easy to switch as he already had a direct debit setup (previous €20/month). They didn't mention the 18 month contract and didnt get him to sign anything.

Usually if this is done over the phone, I know they record phone calls and go through terms and you agree, so that's their evidence of you accepting the contract. Shouldn't they have got him to sign a document in store to agree to new contract? He wasn't aware there was one and figured it was just switching from on rolling payment to the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

chris_ie wrote: »
    Hi,
    My father recently switched to the Three €30 month broadband package. He did this in store. He initially inquired about it and the guy in the shop said that it should be easy to switch as he already had a direct debit setup (previous €20/month). They didn't mention the 18 month contract and didnt get him to sign anything.

Usually if this is done over the phone, I know they record phone calls and go through terms and you agree, so that's their evidence of you accepting the contract. Shouldn't they have got him to sign a document in store to agree to new contract? He wasn't aware there was one and figured it was just switching from on rolling payment to the other.

Ask them to produce the agreement that he made. If they refuse or don't produce it, log a formal complaint. After that you can get Comreg involved.

Advertisement