Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft - what do I need to know to get started?

Options
  • 16-07-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I promised to get my 9 year old Minecraft but I have no idea what I need for this. Hoping to get her started as cheaply as possible. Here's my questions but any other tips also welcome:

Can I run Minecraft on a windows laptop?
    Do I need HDMI connection to the TV?
    Can I run the latest Minecraft on an old xbox? I see lots of xbox one for sale on donedeal.

Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bearaman

Also, would a PlayStation be suitable, or better than xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Minecraft can run on anything pretty much. The game isn't the most technically demanding (by design!) So it can easily run on any half decent laptop.

Minecraft is also on everything... playstation, xbox, windows etc. So choose how you want your son to play. Do you want him playin on the tv and sitting on the couch? then a console like xbox one or ps4 is a good idea. They also double as a media centre of sorts where you can play netflix and watch youtube on your tv.

Do you want him just playing on his own (not hogging the tv etc) then a laptop would be a good idea.

You can even get Minecraft for your phone so just think about it. Ask yourself how much are you willing to spend and base around that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pretty much all you need to know above, it's a very simple game to get started on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

all you need to know its my ip port to play together
    two noobs are better than one :D

Advertisement