Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a hand-held Shears.

Options
  • 20-10-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Have around 90 ewes for ram this year.
    Looking to buy a new hand-held electric shears,main jobs would be to clip ewes tails for ram and maybe clip around ewes udders to leave it easier for baby lambs to suck in the Spring.
    So not a huge amount of use for it each year but I want to buy a reliable,well made one while at it.

Appreciate any recommendations from people who have seen a good one in action or own and use one.
    Have strong Cheviot and Cheviot x and Suffolk x ewes and am finding clipping their tails with hand held old style shears tough enough to do alone.

Thanks for any recommendations.....from glancing on eBay......most hand held electric shears are 690 W.....but prices range from €70 to €450.
    Would be happy with good mid priced one,apologies for long post:)

Thanks for any thoughts,
    B.L.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Take a look at the Horner shearing website, I have the 12v Rambo and I am happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

We bought the longhorn xt shears off horner shearing and were happy enough with them. They had a good selection of hand held battery and mains clippers

Advertisement