Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to clip ewe lambs?

Options
  • 23-09-2019 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Anyone on here clip there ewe lambs that they’ll be keeping for replacements? Or is it too late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Did mine 2 weeks ago. If there well fleshed and temperatures stay normal they should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

razor8 wrote: »
    Did mine 2 weeks ago. If there well fleshed and temperatures stay normal they should be ok

Did you clip them any higher than normal razor?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,064 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

390kid wrote: »
    `

There isn't that much difference in the setting of the shears with the ordinary combs, It wouldn't leave them any warmer.
    There's winter shearing combs available but never saw them being used

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

Sheared mine last thursday, lots of rain since but its not cold and they have lots of feed in front of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Lano Lynn

clipped some today,as long as they have shelter for a couple of weeks they will b grand.....

goats don't seem to have a problem:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

390kid wrote: »
    razor8 wrote: »

No just used normal blades. Heard of snow blades but have never bothered with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Been clipping all week for different men weather still very mild I wouldn't be worrying about clipping lambs so far. Depends on breed aswell though.

Advertisement