Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sheep tagging

Options
  • 08-06-2019 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Well how’s it going? What’s the story with new tagging regulations? Does it only affect lambs going into the factory? Have a few here for the mart and just wondering do I need to order the eid tags?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yes....you need to order eid tags....since june 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

_blaaz wrote: »
    Yes....you need to order eid tags....since june 1st

Dunno how I missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

390kid wrote: »
    Dunno how I missed that!

Sheep to factory need at least 1 tag which must be EID
    All sheep to the mart must have 2 tags

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Used the book I was sent out on Saturday till sell ewes but was informed I can go back till my old books as they already have 2 barcodes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Lambman wrote: »
    Used the book I was sent out on Saturday till sell ewes but was informed I can go back till my old books as they already have 2 barcodes

Have 5 books here all with barcodes yet got the book in the post telling me to discard them. They must have a very poor method of record keeping.

• Advertisement

I'm the same have 2 old ones but they have the 2 barcodes. I thought same as urself the new 1 came in post and said till use that from now on but Mart said old ones will do if they have 2 barcodes. She said there is 2 barcodes on 90% a books she seen this last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭arctictree

Yeah, same here, was confused about the instruction to only use the new books. Used the old one last week, with 2 barcodes, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Pulling together cull ewes for the factory /mart . Some could be 6-8yrs old or older. Have a few that have very old tags in. Do they now need new double electronic tags ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Pulling together cull ewes for the factory. Some could be 6-8yrs old or older. Have a few that have very old tags in. Do they now need new double electronic tags ?

could be way off here but i thought eid came in 2010

they're scanning the tags now and give a print out of the numbers , so may be as well to stick an eid on and kepp record in your register, (that's waht I do anyhow)

Costly game but fierce handy in local mart scan everything now so no filling out dispatch documents only number a sheep what way there marked and signed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Country lad

Just wondering did anybody get the 100 euro back for ordering 100 electronic tags got my tags beginning of July and no sign of money yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Just wondering did anybody get the 100 euro back for ordering 100 electronic tags got my tags beginning of July and no sign of money yet

I did, but it took a few months all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

Payment is done in tranches

Advertisement