Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fixer uppers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Ebr sniper

Luk2502 wrote: »
    Any interest in a G&G TR4-18 (aka HK 416) ?
    It's been sitting on a shelf for a while, have all the original parts + upgrade parts.
    I've had issues with the FPS, some BBs would go 320fps, some would barely fly out of the barrel.
    Decided to shelf it and make it a DMR at some point in the future, but honestly haven't got the time or funds to do it and thought about selling it for a reasonable offer.
    Any pics? How old is the piece? Where are you based? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Luk2502

Just realised PM is against the rules before deal is agreed so ignore that :)
    Ebr sniper wrote: »
    Any pics? How old is the piece? Where are you based? Thanks

I'll be honest I don't think the gun requires much work to get going + I've got a load of parts for it, both original and upgrade since I was messing with it...
    In hindsight, I probably should've kept it stock as it was.

I'm looking for €200 for the whole lot. Can send pics and details if still interested. I'm in Kells, Meath.

Luk2502 wrote: »
    Just realised PM is against the rules before deal is agreed so ignore that :)

I'll be honest I don't think the gun requires much work to get going + I've got a load of parts for it, both original and upgrade since I was messing with it...
    In hindsight, I probably should've kept it stock as it was.

I'm looking for €200 for the whole lot. Can send pics and details if still interested. I'm in Kells, Meath.
    I’d need to see pics and know what parts you’ve put in before thinking about an offer. At €200 and needing a fix it’s nearing the top for a selling on price so i’ll wait for more info. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Luk2502

I’d need to see pics and know what parts you’ve put in before thinking about an offer. At €200 and needing a fix it’s nearing the top for a selling on price so i’ll wait for more info. Thanks

Just wanted to know if you're at all interested before I take the pics.

The gun has been used in skirmishes so it will have scuffs and marks.

Full history as it may be useful:
    Bought it a few years ago (4 I think) in Hobby Airsoft. Been using it regularly for a few months and decided to upgrade it. Bought a new TBB, cylinder, piston, cylinder head, reshimmed it, rewired for deans and it was brilliant. Consistently 324-326. Played few more months then packed it for a good while (almost a year). Picked it up again and that's when I started having issues. When I came back to play in spring, it was behaving rather oddly. Some shots it would do 320fps, some shots the bb barely made it out. It misfired, sometimes 2 bbs fell out. It happened so frequently that it was unusable in the field.
    I tried to diagnose why it was doing it. Noticed the gearbox casing was cracked. Fixed that, replaced the houp rubber and it seemed fine for the most part, although I was still getting the odd weak FPS shot. At that point I decided it wasn't worth spending any more money on it since I had no idea what was wrong with it in the first place. Put it on a shelf and thought I'd make it into a DMR some day, but it's been sitting there for over a year and I don't think I'll get around to it anytime soon.

It works mechanically, but probably does need rewiring (motor end connectors broke and I lacked the tool to attach new ones properly)
    Needs either a new motor plate or pistol grip (motor adjustment screw is busted, stripped it somehow)
    I don't remember names of all the parts I ever bought for it, but I did find one of my orders with airsofteire.
    New g&g blowback gearbox casing (original cracked)
    ULTIMATE piston
    ULTIMATE cylinder head
    MadBull 300mm 6.03mm
    I think the rest of the parts are also ULTIMATE.
    + all the original bits and pieces since I never threw anything out (other than the cracked gearbox shell), but you'll have to identify which is original g&g which is an upgrade part I bought separately, sorry.
    4 mags, 2 cheap mid caps, 2 high caps with the pull string

Attached album with all the parts and the gun.
    https://imgur.com/a/kCuhBxR

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask.

edit: The only thing missing is the shiny silver metal cover (can't remember what it was called). I bent that the first time I took the gun apart and it wouldn't fit/work properly anymore so tossed that out.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭czaczaja

G36. Perfect condition inside and outside just needs the trigger contacts resoldered
    https://imgur.com/4jRGzSt

• Advertisement

czaczaja wrote: »
    G36. Perfect condition inside and outside just needs the trigger contacts resoldered
    https://imgur.com/4jRGzSt

How much you looking for it as you’ve been trying to sell this a long time now. Would need more than contacts fixing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭czaczaja

How much you looking for it as you’ve been trying to sell this a long time now. Would need more than contacts fixing now

I haven't been using it so just the contacts needed, in perfect condition otherwise. Ill post it for 80

czaczaja wrote: »
    I haven't been using it so just the contacts needed, in perfect condition otherwise. Ill post it for 80

Is the blow back working? Where you based?

Bump

Bump

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭sam_massey

Check out my add for a fixer upper not much wrong

Advertisement