Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep fluke

Options
  • 24-09-2019 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Anyone starting to see any signs of fluke around. Walking through lambs, I hear one or two coughing. Not great timing when your trying to get them out the gate with withdrawals.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

More likely lungworms than fluke if coughing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

razor8 wrote: »

Would levafas diamond or the likes clear it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Would you get results from the factory from the ones killed?

Does anyone know this works? Can you just ring up the factory the day after they killed and ask, or do you need to ring before they asked or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Would you get results from the factory from the ones killed?

Does anyone know this works? Can you just ring up the factory the day after they killed and ask, or do you need to ring before they asked or how does it work?

I’d say ask before. I used to bring my sheep directly to slaughter and ask the vet on the line to check the livers. They’d tell you on the spot. Think their gone more strict now on letting you up the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭leoch

I dosed bought in lambs a fornight ago and some 3 weeks ago and noticed a few very dirty back ends and soft runny dung and one very off form anyone notice the same should i dose again so soon with a different dose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

razor8 wrote: »

Levafas a bit harsh on sheep I’ve found

Tramazole is cheap & only a 4 day withdrawal. Find it good for lungworms

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nick100

leoch wrote: »
    I dosed bought in lambs a fornight ago and some 3 weeks ago and noticed a few very dirty back ends and soft runny dung and one very off form anyone notice the same should i dose again so soon with a different dose

Maybe take a dung sample and get tested, only costs a few quid and answers the following day...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,140 ✭✭✭✭Water John

For liver fluke, diatomaceous earth is worth looking at. No effect on lungworm.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭leoch

Were do u send it nick

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Water John wrote: »
    For liver fluke, diatomaceous earth is worth looking at. No effect on lungworm.

Anyone tried this? Presumably more used by organic farmers. Do fluke become immune to its effect over time?

• Advertisement
Advertisement