Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flystrike

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭eire23

Since cypergaurd went off the market 35 days is the withdrawal. Its meant to be be coming back next year hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I had to spot treat struck lambs recently. Clipped around effected area and applied some iodine. After that reapplied clikzin to every lamb. Only 7 day withdrawal. Expensive, but it’s put an end to it as the flys are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

sonnybill wrote: »
    I know it would kill the maggots but still wondering would it kill the unhatched eggs laid

I used to used Young's Vector instead of dip. Very effective.
    It kept sheep from maggoting.
    If a sheep was already maggoted it would kill the maggots.

If you have lambs that are nearly ready for slaughter and they have maggots then used plenty of salt and water rubbed well in.
    That will also kill maggots.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Country lad

Power washed the ewes yesterday very handy jdone it in July last also and had no maggots only used click on lambs .a litre of dip makes 4 barrels of dip as done it two times last year and two this year so very cheap also found ewes were rubbing off of ditches very little last winter after doing them as I will be injecting them also with 2c of noromectin in a few weeks time .so just said I share that bit of information as worked really well for me last winter

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I clipped the ****ty rear ends, sprayed them but still lost a fine 40kg ram lamb, separated the ewe lambs and dipped and watching the rams and will see what happens with factory this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

sonnybill wrote: »
    I clipped the ****ty rear ends, sprayed them but still lost a fine 40kg ram lamb, separated the ewe lambs and dipped and watching the rams and will see what happens with factory this week

The changing weather might slow down the flys abit

Advertisement