Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedward reborn as activist heroes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Great to see them using their “platform” for the greater good. Well done, Jedward.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Great to see them using their “platform” for the greater good. Well done, Jedward.
    true

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

They peaked at Eurovision with that lipstick song

• Registered Users Posts: 73,391 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I work with a pair of twins called John and Edward..

I've been saluting them with " 'sup John" and " 'sup Edward" for the last 13 years..

Never gets old..

I’m sure for the first 2 years, before they were on X Factor in 2009, nobody knew what you were on about?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’m sure for the first 2 years, before they were on X Factor in 2009, nobody knew what you were on about?

Yeah, I was just ahead of the curve..

I sometimes think jedward robbed my term of endearment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭sunshinew

I don't think I've ever seen a set of twins so intertwined. They took a sentence each in that interview.
    I remember watching them in celebrity big brother... They kinda let the mask slip and you could see more of their individual personalities. I felt sorry for them, they seemed quite genuine and I think they just enjoy being a bit silly with each other. Other housemates isolated them and were really patronising. They couldn't do anything without someone picking on them. You could see how they probably revert into their twin bubble.

sunshinew wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen a set of twins so intertwined. They took a sentence each in that interview.
    I remember watching them in celebrity big brother... They kinda let the mask slip and you could see more of their individual personalities. I felt sorry for them, they seemed quite genuine and I think they just enjoy being a bit silly with each other. Other housemates isolated them and were really patronising. They couldn't do anything without someone picking on them. You could see how they probably revert into their twin bubble.
    true

• Registered Users Posts: 15,906 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Really who gives a ****e about so called Celebrities. Eaten bread is soon forgotten. But RTE hasn't got the funds anymore to attract the interesting people.

But then again they are all self promoting anyway.

Cynicism helps now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I always get the impression they prefer people to keep their distance ..

They are pleasant etc.

The activism ..probably 70% ...maybe 10% boredom ...and 20% attention.

It's 100% attention. But that's the business they're in. More power to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

sunshinew wrote: »

There is a song by the Manic Street Preachers, Tsunami. It’s about these Welsh twins that shared a really deep connection, had their own language, eventually became totally withdrawn from the world until one of them realised she had to die for the other one to live. So she did and the other one went on to live a normal enough life.

I reckon that’s the story with Jedward. There can only be one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Detritus70 wrote: »
    If you see the madness going on in the world today, I'd vote for them anytime.
    They do say the first sign of madness is Suggs walking up your driveway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which one of Jedward is left handed ??

Which one of Jedward is left handed ??
    the evil one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Is anybody on this website ever happy or able to think positively or is it all just misery and hating every single person 24/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They are funny on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Is anybody on this website ever happy or able to think positively or is it all just misery and hating every single person 24/7?

If your hate game is weak then you really need to check yourself, it’s healthy to hate something with a real passion - none of this fake **** of “ooh I don’t like them”. You need to be full on “I want to do those ***** in with a steamroller” kinda hatred.

Advertisement