If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch tv

Options
  • 25-09-2020 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm after one of the above.

Long time since I looked at TVs, I like LGs stuff.

Any reason not to go for them?

OLED is the bees knees I think, so probably one of them but price could be an issue. I had a quick look at "nanocell" since i spotted it on another forum, Led with a new name I think.

LG nano, proper 100HZ backlit or oled so probably.

I won't mention budget, I'm curious what you come back with and why and we'll go from there.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

FFVII wrote: »
    Hi,

OLED is the bees knees I think, so probably one of them but price could be an issue. I had a quick look at "nanocell" since i spotted it on another forum, Led with a new name I think.

I won't mention budget, I'm curious what you come back with and why and we'll go from there.
    Hi FVII

Thanks for the post!

I would completely agree that the OLEDs are the bees knees, I have a B8 myself and it's still a really impressive TV for anything I put through it! I have two models available, the OLED55CX5 at £159/1799 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

However we have also just received the LG OLED55BX6 which is coming in at £1299/1499 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

I think the BX6 would be the best buy over the NANO866 panel as you get all the benefits of a great OLED panel at a great price point!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Hi,

Hi FVII

Thanks for the post!

I would completely agree that the OLEDs are the bees knees, I have a B8 myself and it's still a really impressive TV for anything I put through it! I have two models available, the OLED55CX5 at £159/1799 euro:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

However we have also just received the LG OLED55BX6 which is coming in at £1299/1499 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

I think the BX6 would be the best buy over the NANO866 panel as you get all the benefits of a great OLED panel at a great price point!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

What is the actual difference between those TVs?

Hi,

Hi FVII

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

What is the actual difference between those TVs?
    Hi FVII.

The main difference is that the CX uses the A9 GEN3 processor. The CX also has a different stand.

Most other features are the same.

Any other questions please let us know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Does the processor make any difference?

Does the processor make any difference?
    Hey FFVII.

It does indeed.

The processor make the whole TV operate more smoothly.

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Latest Alpha 9 Gen 3 processor for the most powerful picture processing[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]At the heart of this LG’s impressive picture quality is the powerful, new Alpha 9 Gen 3 processor. This controls the sound and vision for the smoothest, cleanest images and sparkling sound. Based on AI deep learning, the processor checks and corrects all aspects of the picture quality for the highest level of realism possible. It also handles upscaling to 4K – making Full HD 1080p look smoother and more detailed on your 4K TV than ever.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]AI Picture Pro – Face enhancing[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]With the a9 Gen 3 processor at its heart, this 55 inch LG TV is faster and smoother than ever. AI Picture Pro - Face Enhancing uses even more advanced AI facial recognition to identify faces within the image and then uses powerful processing to render them as realistically as possible. This helps give improved flesh tones that are much closer to how we see them in reality.[/font]

I hope this is of help.

Any further questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.