Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now ye're talking - to a landlord

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Are you paying tax throughout the year on all your properties or do you have to pay off a big lump sum at the end of each year? When does your tax bill arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Do you have 3 seperate trackers or just the one combined tracker?

• Company Representative Posts: 87 Verified rep I'm a Landlord, AMA

Brego888 wrote: »
    Are you paying tax throughout the year on all your properties or do you have to pay off a big lump sum at the end of each year? When does your tax bill arrive?

Hi there it’s a big lump sum in October 31st

• Company Representative Posts: 87 Verified rep I'm a Landlord, AMA

housetypeb wrote: »
    Do you have 3 seperate trackers or just the one combined tracker?

Hi there just the one combined
    It’s a tracker of .75% so I’m pretty lucky that I have it

Hi there just the one combined
    It’s a tracker of .75% so I’m pretty lucky that I have it

What's a tracker of .75% mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

As good a rate as is out there at the moment. Only available to those who battled through the recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Current ECB rate (0%) + 0.75% I would presume.

So effectively 0.75%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I'm not trying to be smart but if you are saving up for a mortgage, it might be an idea to get a full understanding of the different types of mortgages, LTV ratios, compound interest, etc.

If you are going to make what will be one of the, if not the, biggest financial decision of your life make sure you fully understand what you are getting into.
    There was no shortage of broke folk during the crash complaining that they just signed whatever was put in front of them and it wasn't their fault because they did not understand / the lender should be responsible.
    It can save you tens of thousands over the lifetime of your mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I definitely wont do that but I appreciate its good advice

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for all of the questions and engagements folks, I think we will close this one up here. Thanks to our guest for his time, for his answers and for his patience :D

If anyone wants to apply to do an AMA themselves, they can PM me or email me on niamh@boards.ie.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement