Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1 emulator ?

Options
  • 23-12-2001 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Lads what kinda spec will u be looking to run a ps1 emulator and how big are the games ?also which would be a good emulator :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

www.bleem.com is a type of an emulator or ya could go for Virtual Game Station found here http://www.game-revolution.com/download/emulator/playstation.htm

Its just come to my attention that the bleem site is dead ! go here for a link to the bleem program http://www.arcadeathome.com/psx.phtml

As for the specs most decent mid range pcs will run them no hassle providing you also have a video card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The best PS emulator in my opinion is ePSXe. Ill stick it up on the web: http://www.praetorian.digihive.com/Temp/ePSXe.zip

I think its great! Bleem is muck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I prefer PSemu. It's a pity it was discontinued after that leaked beta. I managed to get a hold of a copy of it at the time, and it was far superior to any emulator available imho, including Bleem!. It worked for all my discs, and let me play Tekken 3 in really high res without a hiccup - well, one... it didn't render those smoke/dust clouds that appear when you hit the ground translucently, rather it just drew them 'comic-like'.

That was on my ol P3 500. I could play games with no bother on my old 166, although only in 800x600 at most. Unfortunately, on my 1.4 Athlon Geforce 3 system , I can't use any PS emulators as the games either play too damn fast, even with the frame rate limiter on, or just fail to load (I have no idea why). Now im stuck in crappy resolutions playing on my TV - damn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Well Bleem had a commercial realise after sony failed to stop it being band in court. it's as good an emulater as you'll get an no mistake. The rest are just rippin it's code shamelessly..... trust me as one who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Well Bleem had a commercial realise after sony failed to stop it being band in court. it's as good an emulater as you'll get an no mistake. The rest are just rippin it's code shamelessly..... trust me as one who knows

One who knows? PSemu worked by using a Playstation BIOS, it truly emulated the Playstation. Bleem! didn't use a BIOS, and if you look up details on their Sony court case and the following interviews, you'll see Bleem! describe how they differ from traditional emulators, including PSemu specifically. If they work so differently, how can you say PSemu was just ripping it's code? Also, how do you account for the fact that PSemu's first major working release supported more games than Bleem!'s, and appeared almost a year before Bleem! ?

Sorry I had to reply, but Bleem! gave me nothing but problems, and as one of the few paying customers for it, the lack of support I recieved was amazing. This is contrast to PSemu, written by a team online in their spare time, who provided me any answers to any and all questions I asked, even to the point where they sent follow on emails to check everything was okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement