Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSX repair / '80 computers...

Options
  • 17-06-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello All,
    I have a Mitsubishi ML-F80 MSX computer that I've had since I was 8 year old... and that's be a while, let me tell you!

It powers up fine, but a number of the keys on the keyboard do not work. I've already opened it up a few times and cleaned the guts of the keyboard and check the connection to the motherboard, but to no avail. Would anyone know where I can find a replacement keyboard? (looked on ebay already) If there is someplace in Dublin, that'll be great. I know there is a place called Road Records in Fade St. that have vintage games consoles, but I don't think they sell vintage computers?!?!?!

Also, I am into the whole retro computing thing, and have been looking off and on for the likes of a Spectrum ZX / Atari ST etc. etc. Ok I probably didn't look hard enough, but any tips on where to find these too, around Dublin and Ireland? Carboot sales and the like...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I came across an Amiga 500 the other day at the market but the best place right now for buying retro computers seems to be Rage on fade st in town.
    They have ZX81's, C64's etc.

If you are interested I have a Dragon 32 going spare!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I came across an Amiga 500 the other day at the market but the best place right now for buying retro computers seems to be Rage on fade st in town.

adverts is probably a bit cheaper for hardware at the mo (especially if you're in cork , every "collection only" one seems to be in cork dammit!).
    Unless you really like the idea of somewhere you can bring the computer back to if its stops working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Was going to suggest msx org site but you posted there years ago,best to look on ebay for another and keep old as spares,as theres good as new one here for 70 squid with delivery-

http://cgi.ebay.ie/400221251049?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.ie%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D400221251049%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kepler_johan

Oh, ok so they DO sell computers, though they only sold consoles. Might call in there at some point...

Regarding the Dragon 32, it is in working order? What comes with it? Manuals/software etc? What are you looking for it?

Was going to suggest msx org site but you posted there years ago,best to look on ebay for another and keep old as spares,as theres good as new one here for 70 squid with delivery-

http://cgi.ebay.ie/400221251049?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.ie%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D400221251049%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Nice find on the msx.org site, I had complete forgotten about posting anything up on that a while back...

and again with the ebay link... though you've given me a bit of a dilemma now!!!

But thanks for the reply..

• Advertisement

im not familiar with that model,did you open the keyboard and look under the keys,checking for hairline cracks on board?.,i know spectrum keys can be "dead" due to worn membranes.

Also suggest give it good clean wipe down with contact cleaner.

im not familiar with that model,did you open the keyboard and look under the keys,checking for hairline cracks on board?.,i know spectrum keys can be "dead" due to worn membranes.

Also suggest give it good clean wipe down with contact cleaner.

I'll have to open it up again, it's been a while since I looked at it last. Might post a pic or something to show how it looks.

Best idea would be go back to msx org explaining you cleaned etc,hopefully they be able to help more :).

Is that shop in Fade St. opened on Sundays?

Advertisement