Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultima Underworld, anybody?

Options
  • 15-06-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anybody remember these games? Ultima Underworld, the Stygian Abyss, and Ultima Underworld II, Labyrinth of Worlds.

I loved these games when I was a kid, and recently downloaded them from Abandonia.com so that I could play them again...

And now I'm rather terribly stuck in the second one and would appreciate if anybody feels they could offer some help..? Or if anybody just loves them too... I think they're fantastic, I've never met anyone else who played them, though.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, getting them from abandonia is pretty bad since they aren't and never were abandonware. I picked them up from gog.com when they were released a few days ago. I think your best bet is gamefaqs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

spoonyexperiment.com has been going through the entire series and reviewing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 majessticon

Oooh, thanks guys. I may well download them again when I've some monies; the game manuals would be useful. I spent ages searching in the game for the book A Safe Passage Through Britannia, before I realised it was actually the games manual they were telling me to look at!

Also, I may have been wrong about getting them from abandonia, come to think of it, although they were definitely classed as abandonware, whatever site i got them from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well most of those abandonware sites usaully throw up anything they can get their hands on and if no one complains they label it as abandonware. TBH getting them as abandonware was probably the only way to get your hands on the games before GoG released them a few days ago. Anyway glad to see you want to support the original developers. It's six dollars for both games together so less than 4 euros will get you both games. Bargain :)

Advertisement