Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place in galway for NUIG n GMIT student

Options
  • 23-01-2004 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

1 is going to GMIT n 1 is going to NUIg where would the best place be ? no car btw, and want equal distance,

thanks,
    cartman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

awwwwwww isnt that cute.
    dont get too close cartman!
    u will get sick of her in no time haha

oh yeah forgot to answer ur question :)
    well im in the i.t and its a good 25 minute walk from the city centre. where as the uni is in the city. I suppose whoever is going to the I.T cud stay in the city centre and get a bus out to the college every morning. Thats what a lot of my mates do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Yeah, the best thigh to do would be to get a place close to Eyre Square on the GMIT side (Somewhere near Forster Street or Prospect Hill). That way you'll be near the city centre for going out and also for buses (Eyre Square departures are the only Galway bus times that are close to right).

Both parties will have a resonable walk to college but nothing that will kill them and you'll save a nice few quid on taxi's if you're close to Eyre square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

There's usually a fair bit of accomodation around the College Rd, Loyola Pk, Wellpark area. I recommend closer to eyre sq. also, as the GMIT student can easily get a bus that drops him/her off outside the college from there. While the NUIG student is about 10mins walking from eyre square.

All I'll say is that make sure the GMIT student is near a bus stop if moving closer to town. I say this because they havent a notion of going to college if it's pi$sing rain some morning, and also being so close to town it's easy to get wrapped up in the social scene.

;-phobos-)

Advertisement