Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View from a Bus Éireann bus today

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭

The wife's view from her seat on Bus Éireann bus for 2 hours today - apparently the 'mesh' built into the window is for sun shade! - cant see a bleeding thing out of it!

13090553_10153720775792424_1579913600_n.jpg?oh=e71ac60f4a71bacc2661035ad66d1fb3&oe=57256A07

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I don't know where you got the sun shade idea from?

This is a contravision wrap, from the outside the window is virtually opaque with a printed image on it, from the inside you are supposedly able to see out and get light in through the small holes.

If it's a coach it's probably something like the one in this post by csalem, bloody horrible for passengers IMO, every time I've been on a bus with this crap on the windows it has given me a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

It does hinder the view a bit but it is is possible to see through without too much difficulty but photos will never show it. Also many busses that have it usually have half the bus without the wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Vic_08 wrote: »
    I don't know where you got the sun shade idea from?

She heard the driver talking to another passenger about it.
    bloody horrible for passengers IMO, every time I've been on a bus with this crap on the windows it has given me a headache.

Made her feel a bit travel sick, she like to look properly out of the window, yeah half the bus were clear seats but all them seats were taken ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

If it's a coach it's probably something like the one in this post by csalem, bloody horrible for passengers IMO, every time I've been on a bus with this crap on the windows it has given me a headache.

I worked in an office building that was wrapped. It was horrendous, like permanently dull weather. You'd leave the building and be stunned at the sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Can the emergency services see the interior of the bus through this in the event of an accident?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

vektarman wrote: »
    Can the emergency services see the interior of the bus through this in the event of an accident?

Does that matter? Surely if there was an accident they would search the bus anyway because people could be between the seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Another annoying one is on the front seat on the lest many buses have a black line across that blocks half the window. Do you know what i'm talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

traprunner wrote: »
    Does that matter? Surely if there was an accident they would search the bus anyway because people could be between the seats.
    That's correct, but the first response for any rescuer would be a visual check through the window, anything that hinders the emergency services or rescuers should not be installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

vektarman wrote:

Good point made

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭FionnK86

One thing I've noticed from working in the bus company I was in, a lot of the tinted windows smash very easily (don't think they are laminated). I reckon this is a safety feature so if emergency services are attending an accident they can quickly break the window and see inside.

Actually reminds me of one time I was sitting by a rather snobby customer (who I know was running for election in Cork this year ;) ) and she remarked 'thank god for the tinted windows, I would die if people saw me using the bus ' , these are our future leaders :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement