Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Megadrive power supply

Options
  • 11-09-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Anyone have a spare one or know where I could get a replacement one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

The power input varies depending on the model - a model 1 uses a 2.1 mm barrel connector with a negative tip, and requires 9-10 volts DC at 1.2 A. The model 2 uses an EIAJ-03 connector with a positive tip, and requires 9-10 volts DC at 0.85 A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadrive#Inputs_and_outputs

Any power supply that meets those requirements will work, just you'd have to buy one of these and do a bit of cable cutting and fitting.

Is your megadrive power supply missing or does it appear be failing or working only half the time? I ask because the connector on the megadrives are notorious for cracked solder joints which make it look like its the power supply failing but its actually just the joints in need of some light reworking..

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Is your megadrive power supply missing or does it appear be failing or working only half the time? I ask because the connector on the megadrives are notorious for cracked solder joints which make it look like its the power supply failing but its actually just the joints in need of some light reworking..

Cheers for all that !!! Managed to get a power supply today, now I have a bigger problem, seems the console is dead, not getting anything from it, gutted, I'd just built up a nice collection of games too.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ianobeano wrote: »
    Cheers for all that !!! Managed to get a power supply today, now I have a bigger problem, seems the console is dead, not getting anything from it, gutted, I'd just built up a nice collection of games too.....:(

It's very unlikely the console is dead. As has been said, the solder joints under the ac jacks are prone to breaking. Open it up & maybe wiggle the jack slightly to see can you see any movement in the soldered area

Ok so, I'll give it a try tonight..... anybody got a soldering gun ??? :)

Nope soldering is fine, so it's either a dodgy psu or dead console.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Moved to main forum.

LoGiE

Advertisement